Mahindra, Suzuki, Bajaj Auto Increase in March Sales
By greeshma m | April 7, 2014 9:16 PM EST
The two-wheeler makers Mahindra, Suzuki and Bajaj Auto recorded growth in sales for the month of March, even as the car market in India continues to register decline in sales.
File photo people riding a motorcycle in front of the office of Ranbaxy Laboratories at Gurgaon
For the month of March, the popular Indian two wheeler maker Bajaj Auto sold 3,04,330 as against the 3,01,231 in corresponding month last year, registering an increase of one percent. The companies like Yamaha Motors and Suzuki posted 29 and 19 percent growth in their sales respectively. Yamaha's March sales zoomed to 46,052 units from 35,782 units last year March and Suzuki sold 30,594 units in March 2014 as against the 25,717 units in March 2013.
Other two wheeler maker who recorded growth in sales for the month of March is Mahindra. The company registered 152 percent growth in March, selling 19,591 units.
"We have received a good response from the market for all our products. The growing customer satisfaction has led to positive word-of-mouth in the market. Building on the existing goodwill in the market, we expect that the 4 products launched at the Auto Expo - Gixxer, Let's, V Strom and Inazuma will also show good performance in the upcoming fiscal. We will continue to give the best to our customers," Motoroids quoted Atul Gupta, Executive Vice President, SMIL.
Meanwhile, for the fiscal 2014 (Fy 14), the auto market in the country ended on low note. The car makers in India posted a decline of 4.4 percent for 2013-14.The car manufacturers like Ford, Honda and Nissan are the few players in the domestic who witnessed growth in sales in the last month. While Honda posted highest ever monthly sales in March 2014, recording 83.4 percent increase in its domestic sales at 18,426 units. Japanese car maker Nissan recorded over three fold increase in its sales
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate