Mahindra, Suzuki, Bajaj Auto Increase in March Sales
By greeshma m | April 7, 2014 9:16 PM EST
The two-wheeler makers Mahindra, Suzuki and Bajaj Auto recorded growth in sales for the month of March, even as the car market in India continues to register decline in sales.
File photo people riding a motorcycle in front of the office of Ranbaxy Laboratories at Gurgaon
For the month of March, the popular Indian two wheeler maker Bajaj Auto sold 3,04,330 as against the 3,01,231 in corresponding month last year, registering an increase of one percent. The companies like Yamaha Motors and Suzuki posted 29 and 19 percent growth in their sales respectively. Yamaha's March sales zoomed to 46,052 units from 35,782 units last year March and Suzuki sold 30,594 units in March 2014 as against the 25,717 units in March 2013.
Other two wheeler maker who recorded growth in sales for the month of March is Mahindra. The company registered 152 percent growth in March, selling 19,591 units.
"We have received a good response from the market for all our products. The growing customer satisfaction has led to positive word-of-mouth in the market. Building on the existing goodwill in the market, we expect that the 4 products launched at the Auto Expo - Gixxer, Let's, V Strom and Inazuma will also show good performance in the upcoming fiscal. We will continue to give the best to our customers," Motoroids quoted Atul Gupta, Executive Vice President, SMIL.
Meanwhile, for the fiscal 2014 (Fy 14), the auto market in the country ended on low note. The car makers in India posted a decline of 4.4 percent for 2013-14.The car manufacturers like Ford, Honda and Nissan are the few players in the domestic who witnessed growth in sales in the last month. While Honda posted highest ever monthly sales in March 2014, recording 83.4 percent increase in its domestic sales at 18,426 units. Japanese car maker Nissan recorded over three fold increase in its sales
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon