‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 1 Recap and Spoilers
By Sachin Trivedi | April 7, 2014 9:16 PM EST
Things have changed dramatically in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 as relationships get strained and new characters enter to further complicate matters. There is a war coming to The Wall and Jon Snow is there to defend it. Daenerys Targaryen marches on to the city of Meereen.
Cast member Sophie Turner arrives for the premiere of the fourth season of HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York March 18, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Relations have been strained between Jaime Lannister and his sister Cersei, Shae is jealous of the attention Sansa gets from Tyrion and Jon Snow came close to having his head removed for breaking his vows.
It was not a warm welcome for Jaime Lannister in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 episode 1. In many ways he changed after his capture and does not wish to be the heir of Casterly Rock, his father wanted him to leave the King's Guard and take over Casterly Rock. He seems to be on a quest to live a life of honour and fulfill the vows he took.
Tyrion Lannister has troubles of his own, he has to pacify his depressed wife Sansa Stark and also keep his mistress Shae happy. To add to his problems Prince Oberyn Martell has come to collect an old debt.
Prince Oberyn Martell's sister Elia was married to the crown prince Rhaegar Targaryen of the previous dynasty. In Robert Baratheon's rebellion it was the Lannisters who sacked the city of King's Landing.
During the sacking of King's Landing it was rumoured that Tywin Lannister's right hand man Sir Gregor Clegane raped and murdered Elia. Prince Oberyn blames the Lannisters for this and is out to get revenge in "Game of Thrones" Season 4.
Tyrion Lannister was sent to welcome the young prince but was in for a rude shock when he came to know that he was already in the city. Oberyn reminded Tyrion that the Lannisters were not the only ones who pay their debts.
Jon Snow is back at The Wall in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 and talks about the impending Wildling attack with an army of a hundred thousand. He also confesses to killing Qhorin and breaking his vows. He was about to be sentenced to death but Maester Aemon saved him.
Arya Stark is still riding with Sandor "The Hound" Clegane. She has got into the habit of getting into fights with Lannister soldiers and now seems to have developed the courage to kill people. Sandor is taking her to her aunt at The Vale of Arryn.
Preparations are being made for what the fans call The Purple Wedding, between King Joffrey and Margaery Tyrell. The event is expected to be the highlight of "Game of Thrones" Season 4.
More Articles to Read
Bill Clinton Admits Investigating UFOs When He Was President [Read]
Brisbane the Only Airport to Improve Service While Sydney Airport Quality of Service Lowest [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen