‘The Voice’ Season 6 (2014) News: What Happens Next? Coach Adam Levine Shaves His Head for New Look; Is He Quitting the Show?
By jaskiran kaur | April 7, 2014 9:14 PM EST
NBC's Emmy Award winning show "The Voice" is featuring its Season 6 that has its contestants competing in the third round of the show. The four judges- Adam Levine, Shakira, Blake Shelton and Usher-narrowed down top 48 to 32 to compete in newly introduced round called The Battles, Round 2. Here are few details about what to expect in "The Voice" Season 6 Week 2 of The Battles, Round 2 and Playoffs. Also, get the update on Coach Adam Levine who recently shaved his head for new look. Find out if he is returning for "The Voice" Season 7 along with Pharrell Williams.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014): What Happens Next?
Last week on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014), viewers witnessed newly introduced The Battles, Round 2 which has replaced the Knockout Round. In this round, two artists from each team are paired with each other and are provided a list of songs from their coach. Artists perform on a song chosen by them to move to the next level. The winning artist will automatically qualify for the next round while the losing artist is either eliminated or stolen by another coach. Unlike previous round, the coaches are assisted by one common advisor. Coldplay's frontrunner Chris Martin has joined this season as the common mentor to all the teams.
On "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Battles Round 2 Week 1 10 set of artists performed, out of which 13 artists were selected for the next level of the show. This week the remaining artists will perform in pairs. While all the three coaches- Shakira, Usher and Adam Levine- have made their steals for this round, Blake Shelton is yet to avail the benefits of the special feature.
Furthermore, Mjsbigblog.com noted that this season will see another format change wherein the voting rounds will not begin until top 12 are selected, unlike previous seasons.
Citing TV Line's Michael Slezak's tweets on Twitter, the Web site reported that there is a twist in round including Live Playoffs. Based on the tweets, the Web site inferred that viewers' involvement will be delayed to final few episodes unlike previous season.
Michael Slezak's Tweets read:
Per last night's @NBCTheVoice recap comments section: No Live Playoffs (and related viewer votes) in Season 6.
— Michael Slezak (@MichaelSlezakTV) April 2, 2014
The Top 20 will perform. Then each @NBCTheVoice coach will narrow his/her team from 5 to 3. The Top 12 will then compete live for our votes. — Michael Slezak (@MichaelSlezakTV) April 2, 2014
Also, speaking to On The Red Carpet, Blake Shelton dished out some details about what to expect from the contestants in playoff rounds.
He said: "I tell you, I've never seen the gloves come off like they did for that. I mean, these people are kids, I call them ... just when you think they can't get better, they know they're fighting for their chance to make it to the lives and it's pretty amazing." Coach Adam Levine seconded with Coach Blake's thoughts.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) Cast News: Adam Levine Shaves his Head Off for New Look
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) coach Adam Levine was named the "Sexiest Man Alive" last year by People. The man who is known for his vocal skills and stunning looks and personality underwent a fashion redo. Maroon 5 frontrunner and lead singer Adam Levine has reportedly opted for a bolder look. Behati Prinsloo's boyfriend recently shaved half his head for a more sleeked, "rocker" look which he sported on "The Voice" red carpet event in LA on April 3, according to E! Online. Check out Adam Levine's new look in the picture published by the Web site by clicking HERE and let us know your thoughts about in the comments section below.
'The Voice' Cast News: Is Adam Levine Quitting the Show While Pharrell Williams Join?
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) kicked off with coaches Shakira and Usher returning to the show, replacing Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilera while coaches Adam Levine and Blake Shelton continue to be the part of the show for yet another season. According to the latest update, "Happy" hitmaker Pharrell Williams will join "The Voice" Season 7 as the new coach, according to Mashable. Grammy-winning singer will reportedly replace "The Voice" veteran Cee Lo Green.
Meanwhile, Coach Adam Levine's comments in an interview with Extra have led to the rise of speculations related to his return for "The Voice" Season 7. Speaking about his return to the show next season, he said: "I'm checking my schedule," suggesting uncertainty about his return to the show. Much before the season finale of "The Voice" season 6 (2014) fans all around are eager to know who will be returning to the show for its seventh season. While Christina Aguilera is pregnant, people are wondering if it will be her or Shakira taking over the big red chair next season. Let us know who would you like to see next season in the judges' chair?
For spoilers and recap of "The Voice" season 6 (2014) Battles Round, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff