Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini – Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Pavithra Rathinavel | April 7, 2014 9:14 PM EST
Both the Galaxy Grand 2 and the Galaxy S4 Mini were released in 2013, with the Grand 2 coming a few months later in November while the S4 Mini got released in July.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is a replacement for the successful Grand series of phones aimed at dual SIM market. The S4 Mini is aimed at the affordable segment as well, it is a good alternative to Galaxy S4's high-end model, packing pretty much all the features noticed in the bigger S4.
Display & Weight
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a bigger screen size of 5.2 inches capacitive touch screen while Galaxy S4 Mini has a much smaller 4.3 inches capacitive touch screen.
The S4 Mini surely has a good display with a Super AMOLED screen with a pixel density of 256 ppi. Moreover, the screen of the S4 Mini is protected by Gorilla Glass 2, which saves it from scratches. The S4 Mini is also lighter and slimmer, being more compact.
Unlike the high-end Samsung phones, the Grand 2 does not come with a Super AMOLED display technology. Instead, it has a cost-effective TFT display with a pixel density of 280 ppi.
The Grand 2 is much heavier with 163g while the Galaxy S4 Mini weighs only 108g.
Hardware & Software
The Galaxy Grand 2 is powered by a much superior 1.2GHz quad-core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) when compared to the 1.7 GHz dual-core krait processor of S4 Mini. The upgrade provides enough room for multitasking and background tasks. Both Grand 2 and S4 Mini house a 1.5GB of RAM.
Both the phones have an internal storage capacity of 8GB with expandable microSD which can pack up to 64 GB of storage.
When it comes to the rear camera, 8MP (with LED flash) is the standard in both Galaxy Grand 2 and Galaxy S4 Mini.
There is no difference in the front camera either; both the phones house a 1.9 MP shooter.
Without a doubt, the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 packs a better battery of 2600mAh (removable) when compared to an inferior 1900mAh battery (removable) of Galaxy S4 Mini.
Both Grand 2 and Mini 4 support Dual-Sim. There is no difference in the SIM type either, they both employ Micro-Sim.
Galaxy Grand 2 comes in 3 different shades white, black and pink whereas the Galaxy S4 Mini comes in black, white and red shades.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is priced at around AU $379.95 and the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with 4G LTE can be purchased at AU $349.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast