Kate Middleton Dazzles in Red as she Visits New Zealand for Royal Tour 2014
By Sonam Malik | April 7, 2014 8:14 PM EST
Kate Middleton dazzled in red as she touched down at the New Zealand airport. The royal couple has finally embarked on their royal tour, accompanied by Prince George.
Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, holds her son Prince George after disembarking their plane with her husband Britain's Prince William after arriving in Wellington April 7, 2014.
For her first appearance, Middleton chose a scarlet red coat from Catherine Walker's collection, which she paired with a Gina Foster hat. She wore silver fern diamonds on her ears and platinum brooch on the left side of her coat. Queen Elizabeth wore the same brooch for the first time during her Commonwealth Tour in 1954.
Prince William was seen sporting a navy blue suit and a red tie whereas Prince George was seen in a red sweater and white pants.
Middleton looked impeccable in red and made a great impression on her first day of the tour. The couple flew first class on Qantas Airways, and will be staying at Government house in Wellington. The royal family will be travelling throughout Australia and New Zealand for the coming three weeks, which will include meets and greets and photo opportunities.
Today, April 7, the royals will be attending their first reception in New Zealand.
"The Duchess has never visited either country, so this is a chance for her to meet the people of New Zealand and Australia for the first time," US Magazine quoted William's private secretary Miguel Head. "So, for the couple, this visit represents a wonderful opportunity on the one hand for The Duke to deepen his personal relationship with, and admiration for, New Zealand and Australia; and on the other, for the Duchess to experience some of the extraordinary warmth and hospitality for which the people of both countries are renowned the world over."
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best