Kollywood News: Vijay's 'Kaththi' in Trouble? Suriya's 'Anjaan' First look on 14 April
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 7, 2014 7:10 PM EST
Check out some of Kollywood stories that are making headlines on the Internet.
Vijay's "Kaththi" in Trouble? [Read: Vijay Confirmed to Play Dual Role in "Kaththi"; Other Stars in Two Characters]
Screenshot from "Thalaiva
Vijay ( Screenshot from "Thalaivaa" official trailer/ YouTube)
There has been a buzz doing the rounds that Vijay-Murugadoss's upcoming film "Kaththi" is facing some controversy from some fringe groups.
"Kaththi" is a big budget entertainer produced by Ayngaran International and another corporate house named Lyca Productions. It is being alleged that the owner of Lyca Productions Subashkaran Alliraj is close to the Sri Lankan president Rajapakshe. It seems the Alliraj's mobile company has availed many business contracts in Sri Lanka with the influence of the Sri Lankan president.
The association of the company with Vijay's "Kaththi" has not gone down well with some Tamil groups and they have voiced their concern with the film's eam. It is being said that the Tamil groups have sent a letter to Vijay and are awaiting his response, according to Cinemalead.
The actor is expected to give a clarification regarding the allegation.
Suriya's "Anjaan" First Look to be Revealed on 14 April
Suriya is currently busy with director Lingusamy's new film "Anjaan." Fans of the actor have been eagerly waiting to see the first look of the film, which is touted to be an action entertainer.
Now, it has been revealed that the first look of the film will be out on 14 April as a special New Year treat for fans.
"Anjaan" will reportedly have Suriya appearing in dual get-ups. Samantha Ruth Prabhu plays the female lead for Suriya in the film.
The other cast members including Vidyut Jamwal, Manoj Bhajpai and Rajpal Yadav will appear in supporting roles.
Arnold Schwarzenegger to be the Chief Guest for "Ai" Audio Launch?
There are reports doing the rounds that "Ai" film producer Aascar Ravichandran is planning to have a grand audio launch for the film by inviting a Hollywood celebrity for the event.
Speculations are rife that Hollywood actor Arnold Schwarzenegger could be the chief guest for the film's audio launch. But, there is no official word in this regard.
Directed by Shankar, "Ai" is one of the most awaited big-budget entertainers of 2014. The film has Vikram and Amy Jackson of "Madarasapattinam" fame in lead roles.
Prabhu Deva Throws Party; Vijay and Other Celebrities Attend
Recently, Prabhu Deva threw a party for his friends from the Kollywood industry, while he was in Chennai in a bid to just catch up with them.
"Prabhu stays in Mumbai these days. But whenever he is in the city, he makes it a point to meet his friends from the industry here. Last week, he invited his close friends from the industry and had had a good time bonding with them. Last year also, he had thrown a bash to catch up with his friends here," a source told Times of India.
Several film celebrities including Vijay, director Shankar, Nassar, singer Krrish, Sangeetha, Siddarth, Vishal and Varalakshmi attended the party. To look at the picture, click HERE.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports