Hyundai Planning Genesis Launch in India: Report
By greeshma m | April 7, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Korean car maker Hyundai is reportedly planning to bring its flagship sedan Genesis to India.
The company, which just unveiled its 2015 Hyundai Genesis in the international market, is likely to launch the Genesis in India in limited numbers, reported AutoCar India. Genesis, the luxury coupe from Hyundai is marketed with 3.8-litre V6 and 5.0-litre V8 engine in the international markets.
While the 3.8-litre V6 offers 311bhp, the latter generates peak power of 420bhp.The report also suggests that Genesis would enter the domestic Indian market with a price tag of 45 lakh and the company would bring the new sedan to India as Completely Built Unit (CBU).
Hyundai's latest Genesis model packs features like 4.3-inch LCD display, 18-inch alloy wheels, leather interior, keyless entry, an 8-inch display with Blue Link infotainment , 12-way power heated front seats and rain sensing wipers. The base variant of Genesis is priced at $38,950 and the car competes with BMW, Mercedes and Audi
In March, the company reported 8.37 percent decline in total sales at 51,708 units for March 2014 as against the 56,437 units in the same month of last year. In the domestic market, Hyundai sold 35,003 units in last month, as compared to 33,858 units in March 2013.The export of the company in March plunged by 26 percent to 16,705 units as against 22,579 units in the corresponding month last year.
"Post the reduction of excise duty and with the strong performance in compact segment; Hyundai registered March sales of 35,003 units with a growth of 3.4 per cent over corresponding month indicating a build-up of positive momentum. The excise duty cut is a welcome step taken by the government to revive sale," PTI quoted HMIL Sr VP, Sales and Marketing, Rakesh Srivastava.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66