Hyundai Planning Genesis Launch in India: Report
By greeshma m | April 7, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Korean car maker Hyundai is reportedly planning to bring its flagship sedan Genesis to India.
The company, which just unveiled its 2015 Hyundai Genesis in the international market, is likely to launch the Genesis in India in limited numbers, reported AutoCar India. Genesis, the luxury coupe from Hyundai is marketed with 3.8-litre V6 and 5.0-litre V8 engine in the international markets.
While the 3.8-litre V6 offers 311bhp, the latter generates peak power of 420bhp.The report also suggests that Genesis would enter the domestic Indian market with a price tag of 45 lakh and the company would bring the new sedan to India as Completely Built Unit (CBU).
Hyundai's latest Genesis model packs features like 4.3-inch LCD display, 18-inch alloy wheels, leather interior, keyless entry, an 8-inch display with Blue Link infotainment , 12-way power heated front seats and rain sensing wipers. The base variant of Genesis is priced at $38,950 and the car competes with BMW, Mercedes and Audi
In March, the company reported 8.37 percent decline in total sales at 51,708 units for March 2014 as against the 56,437 units in the same month of last year. In the domestic market, Hyundai sold 35,003 units in last month, as compared to 33,858 units in March 2013.The export of the company in March plunged by 26 percent to 16,705 units as against 22,579 units in the corresponding month last year.
"Post the reduction of excise duty and with the strong performance in compact segment; Hyundai registered March sales of 35,003 units with a growth of 3.4 per cent over corresponding month indicating a build-up of positive momentum. The excise duty cut is a welcome step taken by the government to revive sale," PTI quoted HMIL Sr VP, Sales and Marketing, Rakesh Srivastava.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’