Hyundai Planning Genesis Launch in India: Report
By greeshma m | April 7, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Korean car maker Hyundai is reportedly planning to bring its flagship sedan Genesis to India.
The company, which just unveiled its 2015 Hyundai Genesis in the international market, is likely to launch the Genesis in India in limited numbers, reported AutoCar India. Genesis, the luxury coupe from Hyundai is marketed with 3.8-litre V6 and 5.0-litre V8 engine in the international markets.
While the 3.8-litre V6 offers 311bhp, the latter generates peak power of 420bhp.The report also suggests that Genesis would enter the domestic Indian market with a price tag of 45 lakh and the company would bring the new sedan to India as Completely Built Unit (CBU).
Hyundai's latest Genesis model packs features like 4.3-inch LCD display, 18-inch alloy wheels, leather interior, keyless entry, an 8-inch display with Blue Link infotainment , 12-way power heated front seats and rain sensing wipers. The base variant of Genesis is priced at $38,950 and the car competes with BMW, Mercedes and Audi
In March, the company reported 8.37 percent decline in total sales at 51,708 units for March 2014 as against the 56,437 units in the same month of last year. In the domestic market, Hyundai sold 35,003 units in last month, as compared to 33,858 units in March 2013.The export of the company in March plunged by 26 percent to 16,705 units as against 22,579 units in the corresponding month last year.
"Post the reduction of excise duty and with the strong performance in compact segment; Hyundai registered March sales of 35,003 units with a growth of 3.4 per cent over corresponding month indicating a build-up of positive momentum. The excise duty cut is a welcome step taken by the government to revive sale," PTI quoted HMIL Sr VP, Sales and Marketing, Rakesh Srivastava.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29