Chiwetal Ejiofor to Play Villain in Next James Bond Movie? Fans Want Him to Play James Bond Instead!
By nidhi tewari | April 7, 2014 5:29 PM EST
"12 Years A Slave" actor Chiwetal Ejiofor has come a long way in his career. The Oscar nominated actor has been in the lime light for his role as a suppressed slave in the "12 Years A Slave" movie which has won many coveted awards recently. The very talented actor is now considered to be top choice for the role of a villain in the next James Bond movie.
Actor Chiwetel Ejiofor celebrates after winning Best Actor for "12 Years a Slave" at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014.
According to The Wrap, the 36-year-old is now the top choice to play the bad guy in the next Bond movie titled "Bond 24." Daniel Craig will of course play the lead role of James Bond in the action and suspense thriller.
Though no official confirmation yet but the reports of Ejiofor playing the bad guy in the next Bond movie has become quite popular with various Web sites. "Bond 24" will be directed by ace director Sam Mendes and it will be 24th film of the James Bond franchise.
Apart from Daniel Craig, the movie will star Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris and Ben Whishaw as his boss M, ally Moneypenny and gadget guru Q, respectively.
Ejiofor currently has his hands full with work post the release of "12 Years A Slave" and has finished shooting for "Z for Zachariah." The seasoned actor is expected to now begin filming John Hillcoat's star-studded movie "Triple Nine."
The Twitterati has been quite excited by the news of Chiwetal Ejiofor being considered for the role of villain in the next bond movie. Some of the fans of the actor are so impressed with his acting skills that they believe that Ejiofor should actually be considered to play the lead role for James Bond.
"Chiwetel Ejiofor should not be playing a James Bond villain. Chiwetel Ejiofor should be playing James Bond," writes Bilge Ebiri on Twitter.
— Charles Thorp (@charlesthorp) April 4, 2014
Chiwetel Ejiofor is the top choice to play the next Bond villain. Can he just play Bond instead? pic.twitter.com/JA4FDP0vs8 — The Film Stage (@TheFilmStage) April 4, 2014
Chiwetel Ejiofor should not be playing a James Bond villain. Chiwetel Ejiofor should be playing James Bond.
— Bilge Ebiri (@BilgeEbiri) April 4, 2014
The actor previously played a villain in "Children of Men" and "Four Brothers." Do you think Ejiofor will be able to do justice to this new role if he is signed on to play the villain in "Bond 24" or do you think there are other actors who could play the part better? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2