Chiwetal Ejiofor to Play Villain in Next James Bond Movie? Fans Want Him to Play James Bond Instead!
By nidhi tewari | April 7, 2014 5:29 PM EST
"12 Years A Slave" actor Chiwetal Ejiofor has come a long way in his career. The Oscar nominated actor has been in the lime light for his role as a suppressed slave in the "12 Years A Slave" movie which has won many coveted awards recently. The very talented actor is now considered to be top choice for the role of a villain in the next James Bond movie.
Actor Chiwetel Ejiofor celebrates after winning Best Actor for "12 Years a Slave" at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014.
According to The Wrap, the 36-year-old is now the top choice to play the bad guy in the next Bond movie titled "Bond 24." Daniel Craig will of course play the lead role of James Bond in the action and suspense thriller.
Though no official confirmation yet but the reports of Ejiofor playing the bad guy in the next Bond movie has become quite popular with various Web sites. "Bond 24" will be directed by ace director Sam Mendes and it will be 24th film of the James Bond franchise.
Apart from Daniel Craig, the movie will star Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris and Ben Whishaw as his boss M, ally Moneypenny and gadget guru Q, respectively.
Ejiofor currently has his hands full with work post the release of "12 Years A Slave" and has finished shooting for "Z for Zachariah." The seasoned actor is expected to now begin filming John Hillcoat's star-studded movie "Triple Nine."
The Twitterati has been quite excited by the news of Chiwetal Ejiofor being considered for the role of villain in the next bond movie. Some of the fans of the actor are so impressed with his acting skills that they believe that Ejiofor should actually be considered to play the lead role for James Bond.
"Chiwetel Ejiofor should not be playing a James Bond villain. Chiwetel Ejiofor should be playing James Bond," writes Bilge Ebiri on Twitter.
— Charles Thorp (@charlesthorp) April 4, 2014
Chiwetel Ejiofor is the top choice to play the next Bond villain. Can he just play Bond instead? pic.twitter.com/JA4FDP0vs8 — The Film Stage (@TheFilmStage) April 4, 2014
Chiwetel Ejiofor should not be playing a James Bond villain. Chiwetel Ejiofor should be playing James Bond.
— Bilge Ebiri (@BilgeEbiri) April 4, 2014
The actor previously played a villain in "Children of Men" and "Four Brothers." Do you think Ejiofor will be able to do justice to this new role if he is signed on to play the villain in "Bond 24" or do you think there are other actors who could play the part better? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4