iPhone 6 Will Be Faster But More Expensive - Analyst
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 7, 2014 4:30 PM EST
The upcoming iPhone 6 is set to be a high speed and energy-efficient device, according to an analyst.
The coming clash between the rumoured iPhone 6 from Apple and Galaxy S5 from Samsung is brewing to be a classic heavyweight match for 2014, and new renders of the handsets afford us an exciting glimpse of the bruising battle.
"You can take my word for it that Apple users are going to love how 'lightning quick' the 2014 devices will be compared to the 2013 devices," the analyst added.
In 2011, Apple relied heavily on Samsung for the supply of the DRAM and memory used in its various mobile products. But the open legal war between the two companies has led Apple to seek new suppliers.
According to Margolis and other industry watchers, Apple was involved in the anonymous $250 million investment made in Elpida/Micron. The money guaranteed the unnamed investor supply of components through 2016.
A faster processor, beefed up RAM, larger chassis, bigger with higher resolution screen display and all other rumoured specs and features of iPhone 6 will come with a higher price. This additional costing in manufacturing the iPhone will surely be added to the price tag of the device when it goes on sale.
iPhone is the best-selling device of Apple. It is also a perennial top seller globally and a flagship brand that caters mostly to businessmen and professionals. Thus, it is an imperative that Apple needs to release another hit this fall with iPhone 6.
The Cupertino-based tech giant has not announced the official launch of iPhone 6. But speculations said the device will arrive in June at the Worldwide Developers' Conference. The event will release a new version of iOS and an improved Mac OS X. Other reports claimed the handset will arrive in September or October.
Apple has not revealed the official specs and features of iPhone 6. But it was long rumored the company will release a smartphone for the phablet category this year.
Speculations said Apple will launch two iPhone 6 variants with a bigger screen display, one with 4.7 inches and the other with 5.5 inches. Also, both models will pack the faster and better A8 processor, and the upcoming iOS 8, iPhone 5S' touchID fingerprint sensor with new features and improvements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices