iPhone 6 Will Be Faster But More Expensive - Analyst
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 7, 2014 4:30 PM EST
The upcoming iPhone 6 is set to be a high speed and energy-efficient device, according to an analyst.
The coming clash between the rumoured iPhone 6 from Apple and Galaxy S5 from Samsung is brewing to be a classic heavyweight match for 2014, and new renders of the handsets afford us an exciting glimpse of the bruising battle.
"You can take my word for it that Apple users are going to love how 'lightning quick' the 2014 devices will be compared to the 2013 devices," the analyst added.
In 2011, Apple relied heavily on Samsung for the supply of the DRAM and memory used in its various mobile products. But the open legal war between the two companies has led Apple to seek new suppliers.
According to Margolis and other industry watchers, Apple was involved in the anonymous $250 million investment made in Elpida/Micron. The money guaranteed the unnamed investor supply of components through 2016.
A faster processor, beefed up RAM, larger chassis, bigger with higher resolution screen display and all other rumoured specs and features of iPhone 6 will come with a higher price. This additional costing in manufacturing the iPhone will surely be added to the price tag of the device when it goes on sale.
iPhone is the best-selling device of Apple. It is also a perennial top seller globally and a flagship brand that caters mostly to businessmen and professionals. Thus, it is an imperative that Apple needs to release another hit this fall with iPhone 6.
The Cupertino-based tech giant has not announced the official launch of iPhone 6. But speculations said the device will arrive in June at the Worldwide Developers' Conference. The event will release a new version of iOS and an improved Mac OS X. Other reports claimed the handset will arrive in September or October.
Apple has not revealed the official specs and features of iPhone 6. But it was long rumored the company will release a smartphone for the phablet category this year.
Speculations said Apple will launch two iPhone 6 variants with a bigger screen display, one with 4.7 inches and the other with 5.5 inches. Also, both models will pack the faster and better A8 processor, and the upcoming iOS 8, iPhone 5S' touchID fingerprint sensor with new features and improvements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO