'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Three More Actors Join the Cast Members of Batman vs. Superman Film
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 7, 2014 4:14 PM EST
Three more actors have been added in the already long and star-studded list of "Man of Steel 2" movie cast members. The latest casting news revealed that Academy Award-winning actress Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey of "300: Rise of an Empire" and "The Wolverine" actress Tao Okamoto joins "Man of Steel 2" as new supporting characters that were created for the movie sequel.
Director Zack Snyder revealed in a prepared statement that Holly Hunter has always been one of his favorite actresses. "She has immense talent and is always captivating on screen. I had an opportunity to meet her a while back and knew instantly that I had to work with her, so as we began writing the script I made sure to create a role specifically for her," the film director stated in the Digital Trends report.
Holly Hunter, 56, starred in the 1993 film titled "The Piano" where she won the "Best Actress" Academy Award for her remarkable performance. The actress' work in the films "Broadcast News," "The Firm" and "Thirteen" got recognized as well earning her three more Oscar nominations.
According to the Ace Showbiz report, actor Callan Mulvey already had a working background with director Zack Snyder in the recently released "300: Rise of an Empire." Mr Snyder shared that he was very impressed with the actor's incredible talent so he is looking forward to have another chance working with Mr Mulvey again.
Another movie project of the 39-year-old Aussie actor is "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" where he portrays the character of SHIELD agent Jack Rollins. As for Tao Okamoto, who became a familiar face after debuting as Mariko in "The Wolverine," Zack Snyder expressed his excitement to work with the 28-year-old Japanese actress.
Mr Snyder described Tao Okamoto as an actress who has a striking presence and whose beauty is fittingly rivaled with her astonishing acting abilities. However, the studio did not reveal or discuss the new characters that the three actors will portray.
The latest addition to the "Man of Steel 2" cast will be joining British actor Henry Cavill who portrays Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jesse Eisenberg as villain Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as the loyal butler Alfred Pennyworth. "Man of Steel 2" or also known as the "Batman vs. Superman" film is scheduled to hit movie theaters on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actress Gal Gadot Shares Workout and Diet For Wonder Woman Role in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Eliza Dushku, Anne Hathaway Express Interest on Catwoman Role in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: David S. Goyer Talks About Writing Process for Batman vs. Superman Film, Considered Creating Movie Sequel with Christopher Nolan's 'The Dark Knight' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu