'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Three More Actors Join the Cast Members of Batman vs. Superman Film
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 7, 2014 4:14 PM EST
Three more actors have been added in the already long and star-studded list of "Man of Steel 2" movie cast members. The latest casting news revealed that Academy Award-winning actress Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey of "300: Rise of an Empire" and "The Wolverine" actress Tao Okamoto joins "Man of Steel 2" as new supporting characters that were created for the movie sequel.
Director Zack Snyder revealed in a prepared statement that Holly Hunter has always been one of his favorite actresses. "She has immense talent and is always captivating on screen. I had an opportunity to meet her a while back and knew instantly that I had to work with her, so as we began writing the script I made sure to create a role specifically for her," the film director stated in the Digital Trends report.
Holly Hunter, 56, starred in the 1993 film titled "The Piano" where she won the "Best Actress" Academy Award for her remarkable performance. The actress' work in the films "Broadcast News," "The Firm" and "Thirteen" got recognized as well earning her three more Oscar nominations.
According to the Ace Showbiz report, actor Callan Mulvey already had a working background with director Zack Snyder in the recently released "300: Rise of an Empire." Mr Snyder shared that he was very impressed with the actor's incredible talent so he is looking forward to have another chance working with Mr Mulvey again.
Another movie project of the 39-year-old Aussie actor is "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" where he portrays the character of SHIELD agent Jack Rollins. As for Tao Okamoto, who became a familiar face after debuting as Mariko in "The Wolverine," Zack Snyder expressed his excitement to work with the 28-year-old Japanese actress.
Mr Snyder described Tao Okamoto as an actress who has a striking presence and whose beauty is fittingly rivaled with her astonishing acting abilities. However, the studio did not reveal or discuss the new characters that the three actors will portray.
The latest addition to the "Man of Steel 2" cast will be joining British actor Henry Cavill who portrays Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jesse Eisenberg as villain Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as the loyal butler Alfred Pennyworth. "Man of Steel 2" or also known as the "Batman vs. Superman" film is scheduled to hit movie theaters on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actress Gal Gadot Shares Workout and Diet For Wonder Woman Role in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Eliza Dushku, Anne Hathaway Express Interest on Catwoman Role in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: David S. Goyer Talks About Writing Process for Batman vs. Superman Film, Considered Creating Movie Sequel with Christopher Nolan's 'The Dark Knight' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft