Soccer Star Gerard Pique Angered by Shakira’s Recent Comments About Being ‘Territorial’, Makes Her Take Back What She Said?
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 7, 2014 4:06 PM EST
Did Shakira have a row with her partner, international soccer athlete boyfriend Gerard Pique, to make her take back and clarify the statement she recently made about him being "territorial?" Was Shakira's comments enough to literally pique Gerard' annoyance?
Colombian singer Shakira and Barcelona's soccer player Gerard Pique (L) pose during a photocall presenting her new album "Shakira" in Barcelona March 20, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
On April 3, Shakira posted a statement on her official Facebook account ,explaining that what she said prior during an interview with Billboard magazine about Gerard being "territorial" was pure harmless fun. According to the 38-year-old Hips Don' Lie singer, she was only being funny and she had no idea that the media people will take her statement so seriously. In reality, the Latina singer revealed that she is in a healthy relationship and that there is really no room for jealousy because they trust each other.
"We have a beautiful relationship of mutual trust, and jealousy has never been an issue one either side," Shakira wrote.
Shakira further wrote that she would be very cautious next time. It is one thing to have a good sense of humour, it's quite another one to have everyone in stitches, but it's a different story when a joke is misunderstood.
"I'll be more careful when attempting to use my sense of humour, as clearly it can be easily misinterpreted," Shakira concluded.
Meanwhile, since Shakira had already clarified that Gerard isn't the possessive partner most people thought he was, there wouldn't be any problem with her working with other guys. Recently, Shakira and a fellow The Voice judge performed on stage at the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas. Shakira and Blake sang the song that the duo recorded for her latest studio album titled Medicine."The song charted at the 57th place on the country chart, Billboard reported. It was Shakira's first ever entry on a country chart.
On her duet with Blake, Shakira was apprehensive at first. She said she was nervous when she sent the song to Blake and had no idea what he was going to say. Fortunately, he loved it.
"I wrote the song with some people from Nashville and I sent it to him and I was super nervous," Shakira told Ace Showbiz.
"I was like, 'Oh my God, what's he going to think?'"
"And he loved it, he said, 'Wow, this is exactly what you were talking about, I love this song," Shakira added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Iggy Azalea Sex Tape: The Story So Far
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone