Soccer Star Gerard Pique Angered by Shakira’s Recent Comments About Being ‘Territorial’, Makes Her Take Back What She Said?
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 7, 2014 4:06 PM EST
Did Shakira have a row with her partner, international soccer athlete boyfriend Gerard Pique, to make her take back and clarify the statement she recently made about him being "territorial?" Was Shakira's comments enough to literally pique Gerard' annoyance?
Colombian singer Shakira and Barcelona's soccer player Gerard Pique (L) pose during a photocall presenting her new album "Shakira" in Barcelona March 20, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
On April 3, Shakira posted a statement on her official Facebook account ,explaining that what she said prior during an interview with Billboard magazine about Gerard being "territorial" was pure harmless fun. According to the 38-year-old Hips Don' Lie singer, she was only being funny and she had no idea that the media people will take her statement so seriously. In reality, the Latina singer revealed that she is in a healthy relationship and that there is really no room for jealousy because they trust each other.
"We have a beautiful relationship of mutual trust, and jealousy has never been an issue one either side," Shakira wrote.
Shakira further wrote that she would be very cautious next time. It is one thing to have a good sense of humour, it's quite another one to have everyone in stitches, but it's a different story when a joke is misunderstood.
"I'll be more careful when attempting to use my sense of humour, as clearly it can be easily misinterpreted," Shakira concluded.
Meanwhile, since Shakira had already clarified that Gerard isn't the possessive partner most people thought he was, there wouldn't be any problem with her working with other guys. Recently, Shakira and a fellow The Voice judge performed on stage at the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas. Shakira and Blake sang the song that the duo recorded for her latest studio album titled Medicine."The song charted at the 57th place on the country chart, Billboard reported. It was Shakira's first ever entry on a country chart.
On her duet with Blake, Shakira was apprehensive at first. She said she was nervous when she sent the song to Blake and had no idea what he was going to say. Fortunately, he loved it.
"I wrote the song with some people from Nashville and I sent it to him and I was super nervous," Shakira told Ace Showbiz.
"I was like, 'Oh my God, what's he going to think?'"
"And he loved it, he said, 'Wow, this is exactly what you were talking about, I love this song," Shakira added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge