Soccer Star Gerard Pique Angered by Shakira’s Recent Comments About Being ‘Territorial’, Makes Her Take Back What She Said?
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 7, 2014 4:06 PM EST
Did Shakira have a row with her partner, international soccer athlete boyfriend Gerard Pique, to make her take back and clarify the statement she recently made about him being "territorial?" Was Shakira's comments enough to literally pique Gerard' annoyance?
Colombian singer Shakira and Barcelona's soccer player Gerard Pique (L) pose during a photocall presenting her new album "Shakira" in Barcelona March 20, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
On April 3, Shakira posted a statement on her official Facebook account ,explaining that what she said prior during an interview with Billboard magazine about Gerard being "territorial" was pure harmless fun. According to the 38-year-old Hips Don' Lie singer, she was only being funny and she had no idea that the media people will take her statement so seriously. In reality, the Latina singer revealed that she is in a healthy relationship and that there is really no room for jealousy because they trust each other.
"We have a beautiful relationship of mutual trust, and jealousy has never been an issue one either side," Shakira wrote.
Shakira further wrote that she would be very cautious next time. It is one thing to have a good sense of humour, it's quite another one to have everyone in stitches, but it's a different story when a joke is misunderstood.
"I'll be more careful when attempting to use my sense of humour, as clearly it can be easily misinterpreted," Shakira concluded.
Meanwhile, since Shakira had already clarified that Gerard isn't the possessive partner most people thought he was, there wouldn't be any problem with her working with other guys. Recently, Shakira and a fellow The Voice judge performed on stage at the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas. Shakira and Blake sang the song that the duo recorded for her latest studio album titled Medicine."The song charted at the 57th place on the country chart, Billboard reported. It was Shakira's first ever entry on a country chart.
On her duet with Blake, Shakira was apprehensive at first. She said she was nervous when she sent the song to Blake and had no idea what he was going to say. Fortunately, he loved it.
"I wrote the song with some people from Nashville and I sent it to him and I was super nervous," Shakira told Ace Showbiz.
"I was like, 'Oh my God, what's he going to think?'"
"And he loved it, he said, 'Wow, this is exactly what you were talking about, I love this song," Shakira added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories