Soccer Star Gerard Pique Angered by Shakira’s Recent Comments About Being ‘Territorial’, Makes Her Take Back What She Said?
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 7, 2014 4:06 PM EST
Did Shakira have a row with her partner, international soccer athlete boyfriend Gerard Pique, to make her take back and clarify the statement she recently made about him being "territorial?" Was Shakira's comments enough to literally pique Gerard' annoyance?
Colombian singer Shakira and Barcelona's soccer player Gerard Pique (L) pose during a photocall presenting her new album "Shakira" in Barcelona March 20, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
On April 3, Shakira posted a statement on her official Facebook account ,explaining that what she said prior during an interview with Billboard magazine about Gerard being "territorial" was pure harmless fun. According to the 38-year-old Hips Don' Lie singer, she was only being funny and she had no idea that the media people will take her statement so seriously. In reality, the Latina singer revealed that she is in a healthy relationship and that there is really no room for jealousy because they trust each other.
"We have a beautiful relationship of mutual trust, and jealousy has never been an issue one either side," Shakira wrote.
Shakira further wrote that she would be very cautious next time. It is one thing to have a good sense of humour, it's quite another one to have everyone in stitches, but it's a different story when a joke is misunderstood.
"I'll be more careful when attempting to use my sense of humour, as clearly it can be easily misinterpreted," Shakira concluded.
Meanwhile, since Shakira had already clarified that Gerard isn't the possessive partner most people thought he was, there wouldn't be any problem with her working with other guys. Recently, Shakira and a fellow The Voice judge performed on stage at the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas. Shakira and Blake sang the song that the duo recorded for her latest studio album titled Medicine."The song charted at the 57th place on the country chart, Billboard reported. It was Shakira's first ever entry on a country chart.
On her duet with Blake, Shakira was apprehensive at first. She said she was nervous when she sent the song to Blake and had no idea what he was going to say. Fortunately, he loved it.
"I wrote the song with some people from Nashville and I sent it to him and I was super nervous," Shakira told Ace Showbiz.
"I was like, 'Oh my God, what's he going to think?'"
"And he loved it, he said, 'Wow, this is exactly what you were talking about, I love this song," Shakira added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display