Datsun Go Based on-Do Sedan Makes Global Debut in Russia; Price, Specification Details
By greeshma m | April 7, 2014 4:06 PM EST
Nissan's recently revived low cost brand Datsun unveiled a new sedan in Russia, dubbed the 'on-DO'.
The 'on-DO,' Datsun's Go based sedan is a five-seat coupe and measures 3,785mm in length, 1,635mm in width, 1,485mm tall and has a wheelbase of 2450mm. Although the car is built on the Go hatchback platform, the new 'on-Do' sedan flaunts a different style and draws its power from the 1.6-litre petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 87bhp. The car is specially designed for the Russian market, hence the launch of the sedan in India is quite unlikely.
Datsun will manufacture the on-Do sedan at the Avtovaz plant in Russia and is likely to be priced below 400,000 Roubles(roughly 6.80 lakh).The car has been styled at Datsun's advanced Global Design Center in Japan.
"In markets where Datsun has been introduced so far, the brand represents modern, attractive, practical and reliable new cars as symbols of freedom and of a newly-found status. The Datsun models are new, no-compromise designs that bring modern levels of engineering, styling and ability within the reach of a new generation of car buyers," said Vincent Cobee, Corporate vice president and Global Head of Datsun, as quoted by Cartrade.
Nissan's Datsun Go which made its India debut in March has been earning tremendous response in the domestic market. Priced at 3.12 lakh, Datsun Go hatchback, the new sensation in the domestic car market is said to have received over 50,000 enquiries till now. The car, which competes with the Maruti Alto, Ford Figo, Maruti Wagon R, Hyundai Santro and Hyundai i10 in the subcontinent market, comes with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 68bhp and a peak torque of 110Nm and accommodates features like digital tachometer, follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensitive wipers, silver finish front radiator grille and engine immobilizer.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date