Datsun Go Based on-Do Sedan Makes Global Debut in Russia; Price, Specification Details
By greeshma m | April 7, 2014 4:06 PM EST
Nissan's recently revived low cost brand Datsun unveiled a new sedan in Russia, dubbed the 'on-DO'.
The 'on-DO,' Datsun's Go based sedan is a five-seat coupe and measures 3,785mm in length, 1,635mm in width, 1,485mm tall and has a wheelbase of 2450mm. Although the car is built on the Go hatchback platform, the new 'on-Do' sedan flaunts a different style and draws its power from the 1.6-litre petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 87bhp. The car is specially designed for the Russian market, hence the launch of the sedan in India is quite unlikely.
Datsun will manufacture the on-Do sedan at the Avtovaz plant in Russia and is likely to be priced below 400,000 Roubles(roughly 6.80 lakh).The car has been styled at Datsun's advanced Global Design Center in Japan.
"In markets where Datsun has been introduced so far, the brand represents modern, attractive, practical and reliable new cars as symbols of freedom and of a newly-found status. The Datsun models are new, no-compromise designs that bring modern levels of engineering, styling and ability within the reach of a new generation of car buyers," said Vincent Cobee, Corporate vice president and Global Head of Datsun, as quoted by Cartrade.
Nissan's Datsun Go which made its India debut in March has been earning tremendous response in the domestic market. Priced at 3.12 lakh, Datsun Go hatchback, the new sensation in the domestic car market is said to have received over 50,000 enquiries till now. The car, which competes with the Maruti Alto, Ford Figo, Maruti Wagon R, Hyundai Santro and Hyundai i10 in the subcontinent market, comes with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 68bhp and a peak torque of 110Nm and accommodates features like digital tachometer, follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensitive wipers, silver finish front radiator grille and engine immobilizer.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build