Datsun Go Based on-Do Sedan Makes Global Debut in Russia; Price, Specification Details
By greeshma m | April 7, 2014 4:06 PM EST
Nissan's recently revived low cost brand Datsun unveiled a new sedan in Russia, dubbed the 'on-DO'.
The 'on-DO,' Datsun's Go based sedan is a five-seat coupe and measures 3,785mm in length, 1,635mm in width, 1,485mm tall and has a wheelbase of 2450mm. Although the car is built on the Go hatchback platform, the new 'on-Do' sedan flaunts a different style and draws its power from the 1.6-litre petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 87bhp. The car is specially designed for the Russian market, hence the launch of the sedan in India is quite unlikely.
Datsun will manufacture the on-Do sedan at the Avtovaz plant in Russia and is likely to be priced below 400,000 Roubles(roughly 6.80 lakh).The car has been styled at Datsun's advanced Global Design Center in Japan.
"In markets where Datsun has been introduced so far, the brand represents modern, attractive, practical and reliable new cars as symbols of freedom and of a newly-found status. The Datsun models are new, no-compromise designs that bring modern levels of engineering, styling and ability within the reach of a new generation of car buyers," said Vincent Cobee, Corporate vice president and Global Head of Datsun, as quoted by Cartrade.
Nissan's Datsun Go which made its India debut in March has been earning tremendous response in the domestic market. Priced at 3.12 lakh, Datsun Go hatchback, the new sensation in the domestic car market is said to have received over 50,000 enquiries till now. The car, which competes with the Maruti Alto, Ford Figo, Maruti Wagon R, Hyundai Santro and Hyundai i10 in the subcontinent market, comes with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 68bhp and a peak torque of 110Nm and accommodates features like digital tachometer, follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensitive wipers, silver finish front radiator grille and engine immobilizer.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6