Lorde Conquers the Brazilian Stage, Rocks 40,000 fan at Lollapalooza in Sao Paulo
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 7, 2014 3:52 PM EST
17-year-old singer Lorde took Brazil by storm after she belted out smash hits at Lollapalooza in Sao Paulo on Saturday. She performed in front of 40,000 enthusiastic fans, her biggest number ever. After mesmerising the Chilean fans last week, Lorde took the Lollapalooza stage and sang her heart out. According to Daily Mail, the singer will head to Australia this month for her tour.
Pop singer Lorde poses backstage with her awards for song of the year for "Royals" and best pop solo performance for "Royals" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Lorde's Australia Tour starts from April 24 and ends on May 8. She will be performing in cities like Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
Coming back to her Lollapalooza performance, she started her set with "Bravado" and "Glory and Gore." Lorde then performed the hit number "Royals."
During the show, Lorde wrapped herself up in a Brazilian flag and showed her respect for the country. The singer also performed her famous rendition of Kanye West's number, "Hold My Liquor."
Ella Maria Lani Yelich-O'Connor is Lorde's real name and her life changed after the release of "Royals" last year. The New Zealand singer-songwriter, who was born and brought up in Auckland, went on to receive two Grammys - first one for Best Solo Pop Performance and the second one for Song of the Year for her hit "Royals."
After her electrifying performance in Brazil, she posted a photo on Twitter and captioned it - "Love you Brasil."
Lorde is an unconventional pop star who has accepted her flaws and she knows who she is.
"I know who I am," says Lorde to "Fashion" magazine from Canada for its May issue.
She also talked about how wearing pants is more powerful for her than skirts.
"Jackets and pants are my power clothes. I agree with Annie Lennox when she said, "wearing a suit is like wearing armour"," said the "Royals" singer.
"I wore pants and a shirt at the Grammys because it made me feel confident. I remember looking at early photos of Patti Smith when she was wearing those men's shirts she chopped off at the sleeve."
She confirms that it is "the strongest look" for her in the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone