Lorde Conquers the Brazilian Stage, Rocks 40,000 fan at Lollapalooza in Sao Paulo
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 7, 2014 3:52 PM EST
17-year-old singer Lorde took Brazil by storm after she belted out smash hits at Lollapalooza in Sao Paulo on Saturday. She performed in front of 40,000 enthusiastic fans, her biggest number ever. After mesmerising the Chilean fans last week, Lorde took the Lollapalooza stage and sang her heart out. According to Daily Mail, the singer will head to Australia this month for her tour.
Pop singer Lorde poses backstage with her awards for song of the year for "Royals" and best pop solo performance for "Royals" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Lorde's Australia Tour starts from April 24 and ends on May 8. She will be performing in cities like Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
Coming back to her Lollapalooza performance, she started her set with "Bravado" and "Glory and Gore." Lorde then performed the hit number "Royals."
During the show, Lorde wrapped herself up in a Brazilian flag and showed her respect for the country. The singer also performed her famous rendition of Kanye West's number, "Hold My Liquor."
Ella Maria Lani Yelich-O'Connor is Lorde's real name and her life changed after the release of "Royals" last year. The New Zealand singer-songwriter, who was born and brought up in Auckland, went on to receive two Grammys - first one for Best Solo Pop Performance and the second one for Song of the Year for her hit "Royals."
After her electrifying performance in Brazil, she posted a photo on Twitter and captioned it - "Love you Brasil."
Lorde is an unconventional pop star who has accepted her flaws and she knows who she is.
"I know who I am," says Lorde to "Fashion" magazine from Canada for its May issue.
She also talked about how wearing pants is more powerful for her than skirts.
"Jackets and pants are my power clothes. I agree with Annie Lennox when she said, "wearing a suit is like wearing armour"," said the "Royals" singer.
"I wore pants and a shirt at the Grammys because it made me feel confident. I remember looking at early photos of Patti Smith when she was wearing those men's shirts she chopped off at the sleeve."
She confirms that it is "the strongest look" for her in the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists