Lorde Conquers the Brazilian Stage, Rocks 40,000 fan at Lollapalooza in Sao Paulo
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 7, 2014 3:52 PM EST
17-year-old singer Lorde took Brazil by storm after she belted out smash hits at Lollapalooza in Sao Paulo on Saturday. She performed in front of 40,000 enthusiastic fans, her biggest number ever. After mesmerising the Chilean fans last week, Lorde took the Lollapalooza stage and sang her heart out. According to Daily Mail, the singer will head to Australia this month for her tour.
Pop singer Lorde poses backstage with her awards for song of the year for "Royals" and best pop solo performance for "Royals" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Lorde's Australia Tour starts from April 24 and ends on May 8. She will be performing in cities like Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
Coming back to her Lollapalooza performance, she started her set with "Bravado" and "Glory and Gore." Lorde then performed the hit number "Royals."
During the show, Lorde wrapped herself up in a Brazilian flag and showed her respect for the country. The singer also performed her famous rendition of Kanye West's number, "Hold My Liquor."
Ella Maria Lani Yelich-O'Connor is Lorde's real name and her life changed after the release of "Royals" last year. The New Zealand singer-songwriter, who was born and brought up in Auckland, went on to receive two Grammys - first one for Best Solo Pop Performance and the second one for Song of the Year for her hit "Royals."
After her electrifying performance in Brazil, she posted a photo on Twitter and captioned it - "Love you Brasil."
Lorde is an unconventional pop star who has accepted her flaws and she knows who she is.
"I know who I am," says Lorde to "Fashion" magazine from Canada for its May issue.
She also talked about how wearing pants is more powerful for her than skirts.
"Jackets and pants are my power clothes. I agree with Annie Lennox when she said, "wearing a suit is like wearing armour"," said the "Royals" singer.
"I wore pants and a shirt at the Grammys because it made me feel confident. I remember looking at early photos of Patti Smith when she was wearing those men's shirts she chopped off at the sleeve."
She confirms that it is "the strongest look" for her in the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0