Lorde Conquers the Brazilian Stage, Rocks 40,000 fan at Lollapalooza in Sao Paulo
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 7, 2014 3:52 PM EST
17-year-old singer Lorde took Brazil by storm after she belted out smash hits at Lollapalooza in Sao Paulo on Saturday. She performed in front of 40,000 enthusiastic fans, her biggest number ever. After mesmerising the Chilean fans last week, Lorde took the Lollapalooza stage and sang her heart out. According to Daily Mail, the singer will head to Australia this month for her tour.
Pop singer Lorde poses backstage with her awards for song of the year for "Royals" and best pop solo performance for "Royals" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Lorde's Australia Tour starts from April 24 and ends on May 8. She will be performing in cities like Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
Coming back to her Lollapalooza performance, she started her set with "Bravado" and "Glory and Gore." Lorde then performed the hit number "Royals."
During the show, Lorde wrapped herself up in a Brazilian flag and showed her respect for the country. The singer also performed her famous rendition of Kanye West's number, "Hold My Liquor."
Ella Maria Lani Yelich-O'Connor is Lorde's real name and her life changed after the release of "Royals" last year. The New Zealand singer-songwriter, who was born and brought up in Auckland, went on to receive two Grammys - first one for Best Solo Pop Performance and the second one for Song of the Year for her hit "Royals."
After her electrifying performance in Brazil, she posted a photo on Twitter and captioned it - "Love you Brasil."
Lorde is an unconventional pop star who has accepted her flaws and she knows who she is.
"I know who I am," says Lorde to "Fashion" magazine from Canada for its May issue.
She also talked about how wearing pants is more powerful for her than skirts.
"Jackets and pants are my power clothes. I agree with Annie Lennox when she said, "wearing a suit is like wearing armour"," said the "Royals" singer.
"I wore pants and a shirt at the Grammys because it made me feel confident. I remember looking at early photos of Patti Smith when she was wearing those men's shirts she chopped off at the sleeve."
She confirms that it is "the strongest look" for her in the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar