Lorde Conquers the Brazilian Stage, Rocks 40,000 fan at Lollapalooza in Sao Paulo
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 7, 2014 3:52 PM EST
17-year-old singer Lorde took Brazil by storm after she belted out smash hits at Lollapalooza in Sao Paulo on Saturday. She performed in front of 40,000 enthusiastic fans, her biggest number ever. After mesmerising the Chilean fans last week, Lorde took the Lollapalooza stage and sang her heart out. According to Daily Mail, the singer will head to Australia this month for her tour.
Pop singer Lorde poses backstage with her awards for song of the year for "Royals" and best pop solo performance for "Royals" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Lorde's Australia Tour starts from April 24 and ends on May 8. She will be performing in cities like Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
Coming back to her Lollapalooza performance, she started her set with "Bravado" and "Glory and Gore." Lorde then performed the hit number "Royals."
During the show, Lorde wrapped herself up in a Brazilian flag and showed her respect for the country. The singer also performed her famous rendition of Kanye West's number, "Hold My Liquor."
Ella Maria Lani Yelich-O'Connor is Lorde's real name and her life changed after the release of "Royals" last year. The New Zealand singer-songwriter, who was born and brought up in Auckland, went on to receive two Grammys - first one for Best Solo Pop Performance and the second one for Song of the Year for her hit "Royals."
After her electrifying performance in Brazil, she posted a photo on Twitter and captioned it - "Love you Brasil."
Lorde is an unconventional pop star who has accepted her flaws and she knows who she is.
"I know who I am," says Lorde to "Fashion" magazine from Canada for its May issue.
She also talked about how wearing pants is more powerful for her than skirts.
"Jackets and pants are my power clothes. I agree with Annie Lennox when she said, "wearing a suit is like wearing armour"," said the "Royals" singer.
"I wore pants and a shirt at the Grammys because it made me feel confident. I remember looking at early photos of Patti Smith when she was wearing those men's shirts she chopped off at the sleeve."
She confirms that it is "the strongest look" for her in the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues