NBA Injury News: Trouble in San Antonio? Spurs Guard Tony Parker to Undergo MRI on Back
By James Patrick Quizon | April 7, 2014 3:42 PM EST
The San Antonio Spurs are one of the rather “old” teams in the entire NBA. With a few games remaining in the regular season, the championship contenders are worried that one of their key players in Tony Parker might be suffering from an injury that can affect their chances in the postseason.
NBA: San Antonio Spurs at Oklahoma City Thunder
The Frenchman is scheduled for an MRI on Monday after playing in just 9 minutes against the Memphis Grizzlies on Sunday. The Spurs did beat the Grizz big, 112-92 and Parker even scored 10 points on 4-of-4 shooting before he left the floor because of back spasms.
Parker fell on his back at the 7:38 mark of the opening quarter and was fouled by the Grizz’s Mike Conley during the play.
Parker’s injury history doesn’t help. He has missed a total of 11 games this season; mild ankle sprain, shin contusion, tightness in his low back and a sore ankle among the many injury reports.
“We just have to hope it’s a couple-of-days thing,” said another Spurs veteran in Manu Ginobili, “Of course we are a different team with him. We need him healthy and strong for the playoffs.”
Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich was hopeful that it wasn’t a long-term injury as well but couldn’t give yet give updates on status of the injury.
"They're going to MRI his back tomorrow," said Popovich after the game. "I'm not a doctor, I don't know."
The All-Star averages 16.9 points, 2.3 rebounds and 5.6 assists in 64 games this season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate