Chubby Looking Prince George Steals the Limelight from his Royal Parents, Arrives in New Zealand on First First Official Tour [PHOTOS]
April 7, 2014 3:40 PM EST
Chubby Looking Prince George Steals the Limelight From his Royal Parents as he Arrives in New Zealand on First First Official Tour [PHOTOS]
Prince George, eight month old chubby son of Duchess of Cambridge, Catherine and Prince William, was the apple of everyone's eye when he arrived in New Zealand on Monday mornig. The royal family is on a three-week tour to New Zealand and Australia starting today.
This is the first official tour for eight-month-old baby who was fully awake even after a long and grueling thirty hour flight from United Kingdom. The little baby was cradled in her mother Kate Middleton's arms when he and his parents disembarked from their private plane. The eight month old was seen wearing white pullover, which looked hand woven and teamed it up with white bloomers/shorts. He was seen wearing matching white socks and white shoes with his dress and looked wriggly in his mommy Kate's arms.
The 32-year-old royal mommy carried the infant in one arm and greeted the dignitaries with other. She was managing the mommy duties very well with the royal duties. The family was greeted by New Zealand Prime Minister John Key.
The royal family was welcomed to the country of Kiwis by strong winds and rain and Kate's hair was seen ruffled by the strong breeze. The Duchess of Cambridge was seen wearing a red coat with gold buttons - from British designer Catherine Walker. Walker was also the favorite designer of late lady Diana, Princess of Wales who has been a fashion icon.
Kate Middleton wore a traditional red pillbox hat by designer Gina Foster which stood firmly on her head despite the gusty winds. Kate teamed up the red dress with black pumps. The Duchess also wore a silver fern-shaped brooch, a symbol of New Zealand. The brooch belongs to Queen who received it as a gift from Auckland when she herself visited the country some 60 years ago.
The royal couple is expected to make this visit a very casual and non-formal one with many military engagements and receptions in New Zealand. The royal family is also expected to take part in a yacht race in Auckland along with some white water rafting on the Shotover River near Queenstown, Daily Mail is reporting.
The tour ends in Canberra on 25 April. Meanwhile take a look at the adorable pictures of Prince George as he is cradled in his mother's arms.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan