Chubby Looking Prince George Steals the Limelight from his Royal Parents, Arrives in New Zealand on First First Official Tour [PHOTOS]
April 7, 2014 3:40 PM EST
Chubby Looking Prince George Steals the Limelight From his Royal Parents as he Arrives in New Zealand on First First Official Tour [PHOTOS]
Prince George, eight month old chubby son of Duchess of Cambridge, Catherine and Prince William, was the apple of everyone's eye when he arrived in New Zealand on Monday mornig. The royal family is on a three-week tour to New Zealand and Australia starting today.
This is the first official tour for eight-month-old baby who was fully awake even after a long and grueling thirty hour flight from United Kingdom. The little baby was cradled in her mother Kate Middleton's arms when he and his parents disembarked from their private plane. The eight month old was seen wearing white pullover, which looked hand woven and teamed it up with white bloomers/shorts. He was seen wearing matching white socks and white shoes with his dress and looked wriggly in his mommy Kate's arms.
The 32-year-old royal mommy carried the infant in one arm and greeted the dignitaries with other. She was managing the mommy duties very well with the royal duties. The family was greeted by New Zealand Prime Minister John Key.
The royal family was welcomed to the country of Kiwis by strong winds and rain and Kate's hair was seen ruffled by the strong breeze. The Duchess of Cambridge was seen wearing a red coat with gold buttons - from British designer Catherine Walker. Walker was also the favorite designer of late lady Diana, Princess of Wales who has been a fashion icon.
Kate Middleton wore a traditional red pillbox hat by designer Gina Foster which stood firmly on her head despite the gusty winds. Kate teamed up the red dress with black pumps. The Duchess also wore a silver fern-shaped brooch, a symbol of New Zealand. The brooch belongs to Queen who received it as a gift from Auckland when she herself visited the country some 60 years ago.
The royal couple is expected to make this visit a very casual and non-formal one with many military engagements and receptions in New Zealand. The royal family is also expected to take part in a yacht race in Auckland along with some white water rafting on the Shotover River near Queenstown, Daily Mail is reporting.
The tour ends in Canberra on 25 April. Meanwhile take a look at the adorable pictures of Prince George as he is cradled in his mother's arms.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine