NCAA National Championship Game Preview: Kentucky vs. Connecticut Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | April 7, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Who would have thought that it’s the seventh and eighth seeds that will advance to the 2014 NCAA national championship game. The Kentucky Wildcats take on the Connecticut Huskies in the unlikely pair in the national title game of this year’s March Madness.
NCAA Basketball: Final Four-Florida vs Connecticut
Both considered as dark horses to win the crown before the NCAA Tournament. Kentucky and Connecticut have literally beaten the odds in making it to the final game of the NCAA season. Both were priced at 13.00 to win the crown and whoever predicted and wagered that they’ll win the crown this April is due for a huge payout.
For the uninitiated in sports betting, for every 1 unit wagered on either team returns a times-13 payout for these squads. So a $10 bet on either team would net the bettor $130 should their bet win the title!
Safe to say the road to the finals wasn’t easy and full of upsets.
The Wildcats beat Kansas State, 56-49 in the opening round and then promptly delivered three huge wins as underdogs; they defeated No. 1 Wichita State, 78-76 in the third round; No.4 Louisville, 74-69 in the Sweet Sixteen; No.2 Michigan, 75-72 in the Elite Eight; and No. 2 Wisconsin in the Final Four.
The Huskies tournament performance is as impressive. They defeated St. Joseph’s, 89-81 in the opener; Villanova, 77-65 in the third round; No. 3 Iowa State, 81-76 in the Sweet Sixteen; No. 4 Michigan State, 60-54 in the Elite Eight; and overall No. 1 seed Florida, 63-53 in the Final Four.
Obviously both teams are peaking at the right time but none more telling than their performances in their previous games.
Kentucky wingman Aaron Harrison sent his Wildcats to the finals with a long three-pointer with 5.7 seconds to go. It was actually his third clutch shot of the NCAA Tournament after huge three-pointers against Michigan and Kentucky in the previous rounds.
Meanwhile, the Huskies won over the Gators in a convincing 10-point victory led by big man DeAndre Daniels who finished with a double-double of 20 points and 10 rebounds and point guard Shabazz Napier who had 12 points, 6 assists and 4 steals.
Watch the Connecticut-Kentucky live streaming via the tournament's official website.
Betting Lines: Connecticut Huskies (+3) vs. Kentucky Wildcats (O/U: 135.0)
Game time: 12:10 pm AEDT
Kentucky Wildcats Trends
- The Wildcats are 7-0-1 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Wildcats are 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games after a win
- The Wildcats are 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games in the NCAA Tournament
Connecticut Huskies Trends
- The Huskies are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Huskies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a win
- The Huskies are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 non-conference games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage