NCAA National Championship Game Preview: Kentucky vs. Connecticut Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | April 7, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Who would have thought that it’s the seventh and eighth seeds that will advance to the 2014 NCAA national championship game. The Kentucky Wildcats take on the Connecticut Huskies in the unlikely pair in the national title game of this year’s March Madness.
NCAA Basketball: Final Four-Florida vs Connecticut
Both considered as dark horses to win the crown before the NCAA Tournament. Kentucky and Connecticut have literally beaten the odds in making it to the final game of the NCAA season. Both were priced at 13.00 to win the crown and whoever predicted and wagered that they’ll win the crown this April is due for a huge payout.
For the uninitiated in sports betting, for every 1 unit wagered on either team returns a times-13 payout for these squads. So a $10 bet on either team would net the bettor $130 should their bet win the title!
Safe to say the road to the finals wasn’t easy and full of upsets.
The Wildcats beat Kansas State, 56-49 in the opening round and then promptly delivered three huge wins as underdogs; they defeated No. 1 Wichita State, 78-76 in the third round; No.4 Louisville, 74-69 in the Sweet Sixteen; No.2 Michigan, 75-72 in the Elite Eight; and No. 2 Wisconsin in the Final Four.
The Huskies tournament performance is as impressive. They defeated St. Joseph’s, 89-81 in the opener; Villanova, 77-65 in the third round; No. 3 Iowa State, 81-76 in the Sweet Sixteen; No. 4 Michigan State, 60-54 in the Elite Eight; and overall No. 1 seed Florida, 63-53 in the Final Four.
Obviously both teams are peaking at the right time but none more telling than their performances in their previous games.
Kentucky wingman Aaron Harrison sent his Wildcats to the finals with a long three-pointer with 5.7 seconds to go. It was actually his third clutch shot of the NCAA Tournament after huge three-pointers against Michigan and Kentucky in the previous rounds.
Meanwhile, the Huskies won over the Gators in a convincing 10-point victory led by big man DeAndre Daniels who finished with a double-double of 20 points and 10 rebounds and point guard Shabazz Napier who had 12 points, 6 assists and 4 steals.
Watch the Connecticut-Kentucky live streaming via the tournament's official website.
Betting Lines: Connecticut Huskies (+3) vs. Kentucky Wildcats (O/U: 135.0)
Game time: 12:10 pm AEDT
Kentucky Wildcats Trends
- The Wildcats are 7-0-1 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Wildcats are 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games after a win
- The Wildcats are 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games in the NCAA Tournament
Connecticut Huskies Trends
- The Huskies are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Huskies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a win
- The Huskies are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 non-conference games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Believes Wilshere's Performance Against City Not Enough For Man Utd Legend Paul Scholes
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date