NCAA National Championship Game Preview: Kentucky vs. Connecticut Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | April 7, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Who would have thought that it’s the seventh and eighth seeds that will advance to the 2014 NCAA national championship game. The Kentucky Wildcats take on the Connecticut Huskies in the unlikely pair in the national title game of this year’s March Madness.
NCAA Basketball: Final Four-Florida vs Connecticut
Both considered as dark horses to win the crown before the NCAA Tournament. Kentucky and Connecticut have literally beaten the odds in making it to the final game of the NCAA season. Both were priced at 13.00 to win the crown and whoever predicted and wagered that they’ll win the crown this April is due for a huge payout.
For the uninitiated in sports betting, for every 1 unit wagered on either team returns a times-13 payout for these squads. So a $10 bet on either team would net the bettor $130 should their bet win the title!
Safe to say the road to the finals wasn’t easy and full of upsets.
The Wildcats beat Kansas State, 56-49 in the opening round and then promptly delivered three huge wins as underdogs; they defeated No. 1 Wichita State, 78-76 in the third round; No.4 Louisville, 74-69 in the Sweet Sixteen; No.2 Michigan, 75-72 in the Elite Eight; and No. 2 Wisconsin in the Final Four.
The Huskies tournament performance is as impressive. They defeated St. Joseph’s, 89-81 in the opener; Villanova, 77-65 in the third round; No. 3 Iowa State, 81-76 in the Sweet Sixteen; No. 4 Michigan State, 60-54 in the Elite Eight; and overall No. 1 seed Florida, 63-53 in the Final Four.
Obviously both teams are peaking at the right time but none more telling than their performances in their previous games.
Kentucky wingman Aaron Harrison sent his Wildcats to the finals with a long three-pointer with 5.7 seconds to go. It was actually his third clutch shot of the NCAA Tournament after huge three-pointers against Michigan and Kentucky in the previous rounds.
Meanwhile, the Huskies won over the Gators in a convincing 10-point victory led by big man DeAndre Daniels who finished with a double-double of 20 points and 10 rebounds and point guard Shabazz Napier who had 12 points, 6 assists and 4 steals.
Watch the Connecticut-Kentucky live streaming via the tournament's official website.
Betting Lines: Connecticut Huskies (+3) vs. Kentucky Wildcats (O/U: 135.0)
Game time: 12:10 pm AEDT
Kentucky Wildcats Trends
- The Wildcats are 7-0-1 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Wildcats are 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games after a win
- The Wildcats are 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games in the NCAA Tournament
Connecticut Huskies Trends
- The Huskies are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Huskies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a win
- The Huskies are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 non-conference games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate