Nokia Lumia 930: Free Qi Wireless Charging Dock for Windows Phone Handset?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 7, 2014 2:27 PM EST
Nokia has officially introduced the Nokia Lumia 930 Windows Phone 8.1 handset at the April 2014 Microsoft Build Developer Conference in San Francisco, California with the device's impressive features and specs that includes the Qi wireless charging support. The latest reports claim the Nokia Lumia 930 comes with the free wireless charging dock as part of the package.
The Nokia Lumia 930 has the Qi wireless charging feature incorporated in the handset comparable to the Nokia Lumia 920. According to the GSMArena blog, the Finnish smartphone manufacturer is probably eager in establishing the Qi inductive charging as the standard of wireless charging solution in the US with the free charging dock included in the bundle for the Nokia Lumia 930.
However, there are no details available or any confirmation yet on the reports surrounding the free Qi wireless charging dock for the recently unveiled Windows Phone handset. The Phones Review report pointed out that there are more devices popping out with the support for wireless charging but it is not yet appealing to the customers since most of them still does not want to spend extra.
In the WinBeta report, the wireless charging feature has been described to be cool but the issue will be the cost that the consumers must deal with. The report noted that spending more money on the wireless charging dock after purchasing the Nokia Lumia 930 as well as a protective case may not be included on the consumer's list.
The strategy appears to be Nokia's move in making more consumers familiar with the use of the wireless charging technology. The Nokia Lumia 930 smartphone features and specs include the 5-inch AMOLED capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, the power of a quad-core 2.2GHz Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 OS, Adreno 330 GPU and 32GB internal storage capacity.
Unfortunately, there is no microSD card slot available to expand the memory storage in the device. Additional impressive features and specs are the 20MP primary camera with the PureView technology, Carl Zeis optics, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), autofocus, dual-LED flash, 1.2MP secondary camera, Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC, microUSB 2.0 and a 2420mAh Li-Ion battery.
Consumers can choose from the available Nokia Lumia 930 colours such as bright orange, bright green, black and white. The Nokia Lumia 930 release date is expected to take place in June 2014.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 630 Running on Windows Phone 8.1 Update Leaked in Demo Videos - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- ‘GTA V’ Zombies DLC Cheat Code Proves Character Change For Players---Report
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How