Nokia Lumia 930: Free Qi Wireless Charging Dock for Windows Phone Handset?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 7, 2014 2:27 PM EST
Nokia has officially introduced the Nokia Lumia 930 Windows Phone 8.1 handset at the April 2014 Microsoft Build Developer Conference in San Francisco, California with the device's impressive features and specs that includes the Qi wireless charging support. The latest reports claim the Nokia Lumia 930 comes with the free wireless charging dock as part of the package.
The Nokia Lumia 930 has the Qi wireless charging feature incorporated in the handset comparable to the Nokia Lumia 920. According to the GSMArena blog, the Finnish smartphone manufacturer is probably eager in establishing the Qi inductive charging as the standard of wireless charging solution in the US with the free charging dock included in the bundle for the Nokia Lumia 930.
However, there are no details available or any confirmation yet on the reports surrounding the free Qi wireless charging dock for the recently unveiled Windows Phone handset. The Phones Review report pointed out that there are more devices popping out with the support for wireless charging but it is not yet appealing to the customers since most of them still does not want to spend extra.
In the WinBeta report, the wireless charging feature has been described to be cool but the issue will be the cost that the consumers must deal with. The report noted that spending more money on the wireless charging dock after purchasing the Nokia Lumia 930 as well as a protective case may not be included on the consumer's list.
The strategy appears to be Nokia's move in making more consumers familiar with the use of the wireless charging technology. The Nokia Lumia 930 smartphone features and specs include the 5-inch AMOLED capacitive touch screen display with 1920x1080p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, the power of a quad-core 2.2GHz Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 OS, Adreno 330 GPU and 32GB internal storage capacity.
Unfortunately, there is no microSD card slot available to expand the memory storage in the device. Additional impressive features and specs are the 20MP primary camera with the PureView technology, Carl Zeis optics, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), autofocus, dual-LED flash, 1.2MP secondary camera, Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC, microUSB 2.0 and a 2420mAh Li-Ion battery.
Consumers can choose from the available Nokia Lumia 930 colours such as bright orange, bright green, black and white. The Nokia Lumia 930 release date is expected to take place in June 2014.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 630 Running on Windows Phone 8.1 Update Leaked in Demo Videos - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes