PS4’s Superiority Over Xbox One from One Dev and More Details on Unannounced Game
By Gel Galang | April 7, 2014 2:26 PM EST
The talk on the PS4's superiority over the Xbox One when it comes to its hardware performance has always been touted, but with the new improvements and updates that Microsoft has been doing for the Xbox One, there has been talk about the latter's progressive closing of the performance gap with its biggest rival.
As though bursting this bubble, indie developer and CEO of Just Add Water Stewart Gilray said in an interview quoted by Videogamer that this is not true. In fact, to quote, it's even "physically impossible" for the Xbox One to even close the gap with the PS4 when it comes to graphical performance.
Gilray even goes as far as saying that what another developer had previously said about the Xbox One was not true in the slightest.
"I spoke to Lorne afterwards and what he meant when speaking to that guy was that budgets, schedules and perceived differences would narrow. NOT that the Xbox One performance is improving to align with PS4, that is just physically impossible," said Gilray in an interview quoted by Videogamer.
It seems that because of the better memory and more powerful computing units, the PS4 remains top-notch, though Microsoft's planned updates may help in alleviating the resources that are currently being disseminated to power a number of Xbox One functions.
New Sony Bend project to feature human AI behavior
There are a number of expected games coming out for the PS4, but one of the teased but never revealed or expounded on games supposedly from Sony Bend Studios now gets more information.
Spotted by DualShockers, the information comes from the most recent job ad for a senior AI programmer, whose main responsibility involves the development of complex human AI behaviors for a title by Bend Studio.
The position also involves knowledge in "path-finding, behavior execution, and autonomous decision making," as well as experience in current and next-gen game experience and UNREAL technology. This already hints at the inclusion of the PS4 in the platforms that the title will be releasing to.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation