Apple Inc. 2015 Product Hints in Email from Steve Jobs
By Athena Yenko | April 7, 2014 2:18 PM EST
In this email which was addressed to the Apple's top executives, Jobs mentioned that the company's strategy for 2011 would be to stage a Holy War with Google. The expression Holy War later became the thermonuclear war that people knew today.
Although the email was in a bullet point form, Jobs hinted that the Apple TV 2 will "stay in the living room game and make a great "must have" accessory for iOS devices. New contents will be NBC, CBS, Viacom and HBO.
As for future plans for Apple TV 2, a TV subscription was being considered as far back as 2011. There will be new apps, browser and the "magic wand" which later became the Wii-like Apple TV remote control.
The email was dated Oct 24, 2010, but Mr Jobs was already talking about the "post pc era" with Apple Inc leading the innovation with its iPad. As how Jobs put it, ""PC [was] now just another client alongside iPhone, iPad, iPod touch."
However, the "real" take away from this email, most importantly for the Apple haters, was the declaration made by Mr Jobs that Apple Inc was behind Microsoft and Google in cloud technology; and that iOS, the fundamental software for Apple devices, was behind Android.
Mr Jobs noted that Android and Google were racing ahead in cloud services as Android had already included Google cloud service. Android too, he noted, was ahead "in cloud services for contacts, calendars, mail."
As written by Mr Jobs, "Apple is in danger of hanging on to old paradigm too long (innovator's dilemma ... Google and Microsoft are further along on the technology, but have not quite figured it out yet ..."
As for the iOS, he wrote, "Strategy: catch up to Android where we are behind (notifications, tethering, speech, ...) and leapfrog them (Siri, ...)".
As part of a whole 2011 strategy, a new Apple campus by 2015 was already in vision.
In terms of financial aspect, Mr Jobs mentioned a geo analysis of the emerging markets - Japan, Asia and "possibly break out in China."
All future trends and goals are to be compared with Google, Samsung, HTC, Motorola and RIM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Kohl's Black Friday 2014 Online Deals Available Now Until Nov. 28, 2014 Including Free Shipping For Orders Worth $50 And More [WATCH VIDEO]
- BlackBerry Offers $600 To Lure iPhone Owners To Switch To Passport Phone
- #Bendgate Fails To Dent As Apple’s Market Value Reaches $700 Billion
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft