Georges St-Pierre Hopes that His Cameo in ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ Wouldn’t be the Last
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 7, 2014 1:56 PM EST
Georges St-Pierre's cameo appearance in the Marvel movie "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" maybe the closest thing that his fans could ever get to see him fight again, at least for now, after taking an indefinite hiatus from the Ultimate Fighting Championship. The movie hit the theatres on April 3.
MMA: UFC 167-St-Pierre vs Hendricks
St-Pierre played the character of "Batroc the Leaper," and people believe that he is a close match for the said role. Why, you would ask? Well, setting aside Batroc's moustache, he shares that same name as St-Pierre which is "Georges." Batroc is of French descent, and St-Pierre is a French-speaking Canadian.
The 32-year-old Canadian mixed martial artist couldn't be happier for the acting role and revealed that he's hopeful that it wouldn't be the last for him. In an interview during the red carpet premiere in Hollywood, St-Pierre was ecstatic to share the fun experience he had while filming the movie. According to the former welterweight titlist, he had always been a fan of superheroes ever since he was a little child. Being able to play in the movie as a villain which is opposite the role he plays in real life was so much fun.
"It's my first experience as an actor, I'm a professional athlete, it was a very fun experience and hopefully won't be the last," said St-Pierre.
"It was a lot of fun doing it, and especially playing a villain because in every day, I try to be a good role model but now I could, I was able to play a bad guy so it was fun," St-Pierre added.
St-Pierre said that his character in the movie is a bad guy. He played as a French mercenary who is a martial arts expert so he thought that the role was truly perfect for him.
Here's a link to St-Pierre's fight scene with Captain America. Even though St-Pierre's appearances in the movie is limited unlike the main villain "The Winter Soldier" played by Sebastian Stan, his presence on the big screen is undeniable.
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is not the first movie that St-Pierre had starred himself in. He had already appeared in three films, namely, "Never Surrender," "Hell's Chain" and "Death Warrior." St-Pierre wouldn't be the first mixed martial artist to appear in the movies. Forrest Griffin, Tito Ortiz, Cung Le, Keith Jardine and Chuck Liddell among many mothers are just some of the mixed martial artists who had also delved into acting in the movies as their side hustles.
MORE SPORTS/ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar