Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date to Show Off qHD Display?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 7, 2014 12:58 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was rumoured to show off a qHD screen display, according to reports.
Phones Review cited a benchmark listing of a handset with a model number of Samsung SM-G906S. The device has an unknown screen size but was listed with a pixel resolution of 2560 x 1440. The model number was higher than the Galaxy S5's SM-G900. Thus, it could mean that the new device is the Galaxy Note 4, or a completely new range of handsets.
Screenshot from official site
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Before the release of Samsung Galaxy S5, speculations came up that the handset will pack a 2K screen display, which became a reality. However, a Samsung qHD display handset emerged online, which led to whispers that the screen will arrive on the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Samsung did announce that it is working on such screen displays for its lined up devices this year.
Moreover, there have been other rumours that suggested that a premium version of the Galaxy S5 would be released, but Samsung then denied its existence but did confirm that a premium device would arrive later in the year and hinting at the Galaxy Note 4.
The rumoured handset is definitely a powerful one since it outscored the Galaxy S5, which now has a lower screen resolution. However, it is still unconfirmed if the new device is a tablet that makes a qHD display appropriate.
Meanwhile, rumours claimed that Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will have its signature massive, full HD 1080p screen display. There were speculations that the phablet will include a "bent" three-sided display on the Galaxy Note 4, which can provide different viewing angles.
Just like its little brother, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will also pack a fingerprint sensor in the home button for added security and convenience and the IP67 certified design that is water and dust resistant. Moreover, the device may finally come in metallic body and not in last year's faux leather back casing.
Consumers can expect that the Galaxy Note 4 will come with a powerful processor - either the Snapdragon 805 or Samsung's new Exynos processor. The new phablet will be built apt for multitasking and gaming that will require powerful and efficient processors. The processor will be paired with at least 3GB of RAM.
Samsung has not announced the official Galaxy Note 4 release date. However, there is a big chance that the Korean tech company will follow its previous launch window in September.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists