Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date Delayed as Previous Tablet Back in Play Store with 4.4.2 Kitkat OS
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 7, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release date was delayed as the first generation of Nexus 10 tablet is now back in Play Store.
The said tablet was out of stock earlier this month. However, the status was later changed to "Coming Soon" on the product page. This led to speculations that the Nexus 10 2 will be launched soon. However, the 2012 model of Nexus 10 made a comeback in the Google Play Store, it now comes with Android 4.4 KitKat OS out of the box, according to Geeky Gadgets.
Android 4.4.1 KOT49E update is available for Nexus 10.
There were rumours that Google was working on the successor of the Nexus tablet and some alleged images of the device emerged on the Internet. Moreover, the device purportedly appeared on the Play Store in the past. This was not the first time that the device went out of stock in the Play Store.
It is still unconfirmed which company will take the helm to work on Google's upcoming tablet. The first generation of the tablet was made by Samsung and some reports noted that the South Korean company will work on the said tablet. However, the tech giant may also work with HTC and ASUS.
Some of Google Nexus 10 2 rumoured features are 10.1-inch size with a 2560 x 1600 resolution and protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Under the hood, there will be 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor or the NVIDIA Tegra 4, 3GB RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. For storage, there will be the standard 16 and 32 GB variants. As for the camera, the tablet will pack an 8MP at the back and the front camera could be 2.1MP. The tablet will also pack a dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, dual-side NFC and a 9500mAh non-removable battery.
Google Nexus 10 2 has skipped the alleged release date. It was followed by other supposed launch dates but the tablet is still missing in action. Google still has not revealed the definite release date of the Google's full-fledged tablet. Latest rumours claimed that Nexus 10 2 will be released either in August at the company's annual I/O Conference. Other speculations claimed that the 10-inch metal slab will be launched at a much later date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates