Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date Delayed as Previous Tablet Back in Play Store with 4.4.2 Kitkat OS
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 7, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release date was delayed as the first generation of Nexus 10 tablet is now back in Play Store.
The said tablet was out of stock earlier this month. However, the status was later changed to "Coming Soon" on the product page. This led to speculations that the Nexus 10 2 will be launched soon. However, the 2012 model of Nexus 10 made a comeback in the Google Play Store, it now comes with Android 4.4 KitKat OS out of the box, according to Geeky Gadgets.
Android 4.4.1 KOT49E update is available for Nexus 10.
There were rumours that Google was working on the successor of the Nexus tablet and some alleged images of the device emerged on the Internet. Moreover, the device purportedly appeared on the Play Store in the past. This was not the first time that the device went out of stock in the Play Store.
It is still unconfirmed which company will take the helm to work on Google's upcoming tablet. The first generation of the tablet was made by Samsung and some reports noted that the South Korean company will work on the said tablet. However, the tech giant may also work with HTC and ASUS.
Some of Google Nexus 10 2 rumoured features are 10.1-inch size with a 2560 x 1600 resolution and protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Under the hood, there will be 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor or the NVIDIA Tegra 4, 3GB RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. For storage, there will be the standard 16 and 32 GB variants. As for the camera, the tablet will pack an 8MP at the back and the front camera could be 2.1MP. The tablet will also pack a dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, dual-side NFC and a 9500mAh non-removable battery.
Google Nexus 10 2 has skipped the alleged release date. It was followed by other supposed launch dates but the tablet is still missing in action. Google still has not revealed the definite release date of the Google's full-fledged tablet. Latest rumours claimed that Nexus 10 2 will be released either in August at the company's annual I/O Conference. Other speculations claimed that the 10-inch metal slab will be launched at a much later date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists