Gaming News: Watch Dogs Requirements Unveiled; VR Testing Done by No Man’s Sky Dev and More Assassin’s Creed Unity Leaks
By Gel Galang | April 7, 2014 10:55 AM EST
There's still more than a month of waiting to go before Watch Dogs officially debuts on May 27, but those who will be playing the game on the PC will be happy to know that you can get ready for the specs as early as now.
It seems that the requirements are already out on Steam, and the following being the minimum requirements:
- Widows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, 64-bit OS for the OS
- DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770 for the graphics
- 25 GB of available HD space
- DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
The Steam page for Watch Dogs also features the pre-purchase offer for either the Watch Dogs vanilla version or the Deluxe Edition, wherein gamers can receive the Blume Agent Pack. This pack has a Blume Agent Outfit and a Blue weapon perk, where shots will get less recoil.
Or if you're getting the Deluxe Pack, there's a rather long list of bonus items worth getting:
- Club Justice Pack: Get rewarded with the Chicago South Club skin and a driving boost for more Hit points to vehicles
- Breakthrough Mission: 15 more minutes of gameplay and the vehicle expert perk, where you get free vehicles from your Underground Car Contract as well as discounts on select cars
- Signature Shot Mission: 20 more minutes of gameplay, the Black Viceroys gang colours outfit, and a biometric assault rifle
- The Palace Mission: 20 more minutes of gameplay, investigation bonuses for unlocks, and an ATM hack boost
- And more exclusive content
Hello Games joins the bunch in testing out virtual reality
It seems that more and more developers are getting into the groove of virtual reality as Hello Games, developer of No Man's Sky, has supposedly started out testing the VR headset dev kits that they obtained.
According to VG 24/7, the developers are currently testing out stairs in the VR game though it has not yet been revealed what game they are currently testing it on-and more importantly, which game the VR headset support will be making its way into the public gaming scene.
In any case, the team behind No Man's Sky is having a grand time, if their Vine clips are anything to go by, as you can see in the link above.
New Assassin's Creed: Unity leak found
The upcoming Assassins' Creed: Unity has been leaked yet again via another screenshot taken from a now taken-down video of a game footage. GameRant has gotten its hands on the snapshot, which apparently shows the new protagonist in the middle of the French Revolution setting of the game.
Rumours have also stated that the protagonist is already named Arnaud or Arno, and given the French Revolution setting of this installment, it will be interesting to see where it will take the whole idea of an assassin using his power to take out those in abusive positions of power.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail: