‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: New Baddies – The Hunters in Upcoming Season?
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 7, 2014 7:42 AM EST
Rick Grimes and other survivors may encounter the most dangerous group of villains in "The Walking Dead" season 5. Ever. Who are they? They are cannibals. They disembowel. They rip apart. They eat human flesh and enjoy it like an exotic delicacy - They are The Hunters.
Caution: Spoilers for "The Walking Dead" season 5 from comic books
Fans and numerous other media outlets speculate that Terminus and its residents can be quite dangerous for Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus), Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs), Michonne (Danai Gurira), Glenn Rhee (Steven Yuen), Maggie Greene (Lauren Cohan) and others. "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale saw Rick and group stuck at Terminus.
It is likely that the cannibals live in the Terminus and fans can see the comic villains, The Hunters in the upcoming season of "TWD."
These guys are survivors but later turn into cannibals. According to Mirror, Hunters are the main villains in the Issue # 11 of "The Walking Dead" comics. A man named Chris is the leader of this six-member group consisting of five men and one woman. It is believed that they started consuming human flesh when they ran out of food supplies. They ate their own children. Now, they focus on large groups to satiate their hunger for human flesh.
"The Walking Dead" TV Show and the Comic Books
There is no Terminus in the comic books. However, the Hunter's home and Terminus look kind of similar.
It is likely that the Terminus members lure the survivors in order to make them their next meal.
Moreover, Mary's gigantic barbecue looked quite suspicious and human beings confined in containers point toward cannibalism.
Mirror noted that the Hunters use different methods, but it is possible that the Terminus members are a remix of them.
Showrunner Scott Gimple Mentions Human Bones Doesn't Mean Cannibalism
Scott Gimple shared about "The Walking Dead" season 5's cannibal angle in an interview with TV Guide (print edition). He said that fans should not believe that human bones in "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale means Terminus residents are cannibals.
"As far as the bones go, that doesn't necessarily mean that they ate those people - but it definitely doesn't seem like anything good happened, either," said Scott obtained via Comicbook.com.
"We're going to learn more about Gareth and Terminus [early next season], with answers that will come fast and furious."
"The Walking Dead" season 5 premieres in October 2014 on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions