‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: New Baddies – The Hunters in Upcoming Season?
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 7, 2014 7:42 AM EST
Rick Grimes and other survivors may encounter the most dangerous group of villains in "The Walking Dead" season 5. Ever. Who are they? They are cannibals. They disembowel. They rip apart. They eat human flesh and enjoy it like an exotic delicacy - They are The Hunters.
Caution: Spoilers for "The Walking Dead" season 5 from comic books
Fans and numerous other media outlets speculate that Terminus and its residents can be quite dangerous for Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus), Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs), Michonne (Danai Gurira), Glenn Rhee (Steven Yuen), Maggie Greene (Lauren Cohan) and others. "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale saw Rick and group stuck at Terminus.
It is likely that the cannibals live in the Terminus and fans can see the comic villains, The Hunters in the upcoming season of "TWD."
These guys are survivors but later turn into cannibals. According to Mirror, Hunters are the main villains in the Issue # 11 of "The Walking Dead" comics. A man named Chris is the leader of this six-member group consisting of five men and one woman. It is believed that they started consuming human flesh when they ran out of food supplies. They ate their own children. Now, they focus on large groups to satiate their hunger for human flesh.
"The Walking Dead" TV Show and the Comic Books
There is no Terminus in the comic books. However, the Hunter's home and Terminus look kind of similar.
It is likely that the Terminus members lure the survivors in order to make them their next meal.
Moreover, Mary's gigantic barbecue looked quite suspicious and human beings confined in containers point toward cannibalism.
Mirror noted that the Hunters use different methods, but it is possible that the Terminus members are a remix of them.
Showrunner Scott Gimple Mentions Human Bones Doesn't Mean Cannibalism
Scott Gimple shared about "The Walking Dead" season 5's cannibal angle in an interview with TV Guide (print edition). He said that fans should not believe that human bones in "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale means Terminus residents are cannibals.
"As far as the bones go, that doesn't necessarily mean that they ate those people - but it definitely doesn't seem like anything good happened, either," said Scott obtained via Comicbook.com.
"We're going to learn more about Gareth and Terminus [early next season], with answers that will come fast and furious."
"The Walking Dead" season 5 premieres in October 2014 on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy