‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: New Baddies – The Hunters in Upcoming Season?
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 7, 2014 7:42 AM EST
Rick Grimes and other survivors may encounter the most dangerous group of villains in "The Walking Dead" season 5. Ever. Who are they? They are cannibals. They disembowel. They rip apart. They eat human flesh and enjoy it like an exotic delicacy - They are The Hunters.
Caution: Spoilers for "The Walking Dead" season 5 from comic books
Fans and numerous other media outlets speculate that Terminus and its residents can be quite dangerous for Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus), Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs), Michonne (Danai Gurira), Glenn Rhee (Steven Yuen), Maggie Greene (Lauren Cohan) and others. "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale saw Rick and group stuck at Terminus.
It is likely that the cannibals live in the Terminus and fans can see the comic villains, The Hunters in the upcoming season of "TWD."
These guys are survivors but later turn into cannibals. According to Mirror, Hunters are the main villains in the Issue # 11 of "The Walking Dead" comics. A man named Chris is the leader of this six-member group consisting of five men and one woman. It is believed that they started consuming human flesh when they ran out of food supplies. They ate their own children. Now, they focus on large groups to satiate their hunger for human flesh.
"The Walking Dead" TV Show and the Comic Books
There is no Terminus in the comic books. However, the Hunter's home and Terminus look kind of similar.
It is likely that the Terminus members lure the survivors in order to make them their next meal.
Moreover, Mary's gigantic barbecue looked quite suspicious and human beings confined in containers point toward cannibalism.
Mirror noted that the Hunters use different methods, but it is possible that the Terminus members are a remix of them.
Showrunner Scott Gimple Mentions Human Bones Doesn't Mean Cannibalism
Scott Gimple shared about "The Walking Dead" season 5's cannibal angle in an interview with TV Guide (print edition). He said that fans should not believe that human bones in "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale means Terminus residents are cannibals.
"As far as the bones go, that doesn't necessarily mean that they ate those people - but it definitely doesn't seem like anything good happened, either," said Scott obtained via Comicbook.com.
"We're going to learn more about Gareth and Terminus [early next season], with answers that will come fast and furious."
"The Walking Dead" season 5 premieres in October 2014 on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales