‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: New Baddies – The Hunters in Upcoming Season?
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 7, 2014 7:42 AM EST
Rick Grimes and other survivors may encounter the most dangerous group of villains in "The Walking Dead" season 5. Ever. Who are they? They are cannibals. They disembowel. They rip apart. They eat human flesh and enjoy it like an exotic delicacy - They are The Hunters.
Caution: Spoilers for "The Walking Dead" season 5 from comic books
Fans and numerous other media outlets speculate that Terminus and its residents can be quite dangerous for Rick Grimes, Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus), Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs), Michonne (Danai Gurira), Glenn Rhee (Steven Yuen), Maggie Greene (Lauren Cohan) and others. "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale saw Rick and group stuck at Terminus.
It is likely that the cannibals live in the Terminus and fans can see the comic villains, The Hunters in the upcoming season of "TWD."
These guys are survivors but later turn into cannibals. According to Mirror, Hunters are the main villains in the Issue # 11 of "The Walking Dead" comics. A man named Chris is the leader of this six-member group consisting of five men and one woman. It is believed that they started consuming human flesh when they ran out of food supplies. They ate their own children. Now, they focus on large groups to satiate their hunger for human flesh.
"The Walking Dead" TV Show and the Comic Books
There is no Terminus in the comic books. However, the Hunter's home and Terminus look kind of similar.
It is likely that the Terminus members lure the survivors in order to make them their next meal.
Moreover, Mary's gigantic barbecue looked quite suspicious and human beings confined in containers point toward cannibalism.
Mirror noted that the Hunters use different methods, but it is possible that the Terminus members are a remix of them.
Showrunner Scott Gimple Mentions Human Bones Doesn't Mean Cannibalism
Scott Gimple shared about "The Walking Dead" season 5's cannibal angle in an interview with TV Guide (print edition). He said that fans should not believe that human bones in "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale means Terminus residents are cannibals.
"As far as the bones go, that doesn't necessarily mean that they ate those people - but it definitely doesn't seem like anything good happened, either," said Scott obtained via Comicbook.com.
"We're going to learn more about Gareth and Terminus [early next season], with answers that will come fast and furious."
"The Walking Dead" season 5 premieres in October 2014 on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World