Top AP Week 1 Share: Balakrishna's 'Legend', Pawan Kalyan's 'Attarintiki Daredi', Ram Charan's 'Yevadu' and Other Films
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 6, 2014 11:01 PM EST
Nandamuri Balakrishna's "Legend" has been doing well at the box office, and the film has now managed to enter the list of films with top AP week 1 share.
Balakrishna (Facebok/14 Reels Entertainment)
The film took the 10th spot in the list that has several biggies including Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi", Venkatesh-Mahesh Babu's "Seethama Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" and Ram Charan's "Yevadu".
Here is the list of top 10 films with highest week 1 share. [Note: The figures are taken from Andhraboxoffice website]
Balakrishna's "Legend", which hit the screens on 28 March, is doing fantastic business at the box office.
The film ended the first week on a good note with the Balakrishna starrer earning ₹21.86 crore share. It took the 10th spot in the list of top AP week 1 share. The action entertainer managed to surpass Pawan Kalyan's "Cameraman Gangatho Rambabu" (CGR) collections, which had earned ₹21.25 crore in its first week.
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, "Legend" is a revenge drama with all the commercial elements. The film has Jagapathi Babu, Radhika Apte, Sonal Chauhan, Kalyani and Brahmanandam in pivotal roles.
"Legend" is the second film of 2014 to have made it to the top 10 list after Ram Charan's "Yevadu".
9. Ramayya Vastavayya
Jr NTR's "Ramayya Vastavayya", which hit the screens in October 2013, received mixed reviews from critics. The film was expected to perform well after the success of NTR's "Baadshah", which also released last year.
"Ramayya Vastavayya" failed to impress the critics as well as the fans but the film took a good opening on the first day. However, its collections dropped from the second day. The action entertainer managed to earn ₹22.25 crore (share) in its first week at the AP box office.
8. Business Man
Mahesh Babu's "Business Man", directed by Puri Jagannadh, was a blockbuster in 2012. The crime action thriller performed well at the box office and earned ₹23 crore share in its first week at the AP box office.
Ram Charan is the only actor who has three films in the top 10 AP week 1 share list.
"Racha", which hit the screens in 2012, is one of them. Although the film received mixed reviews, it managed to do well at the box office. The Ram Charan starrer raked in ₹23.1 crore share in its first week in AP.
The action entertainer, directed by Sampath Nandi, has Kajal Aggarwal, Ajmal Ameer, Mukesh Rishi, Parthipan, Nassar and Kota Srinivasa Rao in pivotal roles.
Ram Charan's "Naayak", which released during the Sankranti festival period in 2013, was a big hit at the box office.
Despite facing strong competition from Mahesh Babu's "Seethama Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu", "Naayak" performed well at the box office. The film earned ₹24.25 crore in its first week at the AP box office.
Last year, Jr NTR's "Baadshah" was one of the biggest hits. After three back-to-back unsuccessful films, Jr NTR managed to score a hit with "Baadshah."
The film, directed by Sreenu Vaitla, had Jr NTR appearing in the role of a police officer. The comedy action entertainer performed well not just in India but also in overseas markets. It minted ₹24.5 crore share in its first week in AP.
4. Gabbar Singh
Pawan Kalyan's 2012-blockbuster flick "Gabbar Singh" fetched ₹25 crore share in its first week.
The film, directed by Harish Shankar, was a remake of Salman Khan's "Dabangg". While Pawan stepped into Salman's shoes in the Telugu version, Shruti Haasan played the role did by Sonakshi Sinha in the original.
Just like the Hindi version, the Telugu version also performed well and turned out to be a big hit.
3. Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (SVSC)
Venkatesh-Mahesh Babu's "SVSC" released during Sankranti festival period in 2013.
The family entertainer, directed by Srikanth Addala, did fantastic business in India and in overseas markets. The film earned ₹25.25 crore share in its first week at the AP box office.
Ram Charan's 2014-Sankranti release "Yevadu" also made it to the list.
The film released two days after Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine". The psychological thriller failed to impress the audience, which worked in favour of "Yevadu".
The Ram Charan starrer was the clean Sankranti winner of the two films. "Yevadu" did good business at the box office and minted ₹30.51 crore in its opening week.
1. Attarintiki Daredi
Pawan Kalyan's 2013-release "Attarintiki Daredi" still holds the top spot in the list of top week 1 shares in AP.
The film, directed by Trivikram Srinivas, was the biggest hit of all Telugu films last year. The family entertainer created several records in India, as well as overseas markets. According to some reports, the Pawan Kalyan starrer surpassed "Magadheera" collections and emerged as the biggest grosser in Telugu film industry.
"Attarintiki Daredi" set first day record in AP, which is yet to be surpassed. The Trivikram directorial performed exceptionally well and fetched ₹34.67 crore share in its opening week.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]