Friday Releases (11 April): 'Bhoothnath Returns', 'Race Gurram', 'Rio 2', 'NSM' and More
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 6, 2014 8:07 PM EST
Amitabh Bachchan at the trailer launch of 'Bhoothnath Returns'
Bhoothnath Returns (Hindi)
"Bhoothnath Returns" is a sequel to the 2008 release "Bhoothnath", which starred Amitabh Bachchan as a ghost. The sequel will have the veteran actor reprising his role once again.
The horror comedy is all set to have a solo big release on 11 April. Directed by Nitesh Tiwari, "Bhoothnath Returns" has child actor Parth Bhalerao in a prominent role, while Boman Irani, Anurag Kashyap, Usha Jadhav and Sanjay Mishra appear in supporting roles.
Shah Rukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor will appear in cameo roles in the film, which is produced by Bhushan Kumar, Krishan Kumar and Renu Ravi Chopra.
The cinematography for "Bhoothnath Returns" was handled by Kamaljeet Negi, whereas editing was done by Chandrashekhar Prajapati. Meet Bros Anjjan, Palash Muchhal, Ram Sampath and Yo Yo Honey Singh composed the film's music.
To see the "Bhoothnath Returns" trailer, click HERE.
Naan Sigappu Manithan (Tamil)
Actors Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's "Naan Sigappu Manithan" (I am a Red Man) will hit the screens on 11 April as a Tamil New Year treat for fans.
The Tamil New Year's Day falls on 14 April, and the four-day weekend is expected to help the film perform well and mint good collections at the box office.
Directed by Thiru, "Naan Sigappu Manithan" (NSM) is about a guy who suffers from a rare sleep disorder called narcolepsy. Besides Vishal and Lakshmi Menon, the film has Iniya, Jagan, Sunder Ramu, Saranya Ponvannan and Jayaprakash in supporting roles.
The thriller is jointly produced by Vishal Film Factory and UTV Motion Pictures. Its music is composed by GV Prakash, cinematography is handled by Richard M Nathan and editing is done by Anthony L Ruben.
For "Naan Sigappu Manithan" trailer, click HERE.
Race Gurram (Telugu)
Allu Arjun-Shruti Haasan's "Race Gurram" (Race Horse) is one of the most-anticipated Telugu films of 2014.
Directed by Surender Reddy, "Race Gurram" boasts an ensemble cast, including Prakash Raj, Suhasini Maniratnam, Brahmanandam, Ali, MS Narayana, Saloni Aswani, Shaam, Ravi Kishan and Mukesh Rishi among others.
The family drama is produced by Nallamalapu Srinivas (Bujji) and Dr. Venkateswara Rao. The film's music was composed by Devi Sri Prasad, editing was handled by Goutham Raju and cinematography is by Manoj Paramahamsa.
To look at "Race Gurram" trailer, click HERE.
7th Day (Malayalam)
Actor Prithviraj's upcoming film "7th Day" will be a Vishu treat for Malayalam cinema lovers.
"7th Day", directed by debutante Shyamdhar, is a crime drama with Prithiviraj playing the role of a crime branch officer, who is under suspension and investigating a case himself.
This is the fourth time within a year that the actor is playing the role of a cop, after Malayalam films "Mumbai Police and "Memories", and Hindi flick "Aurangzeb".
The story of "7th Day" happens during the seven days between Christmas and New Year. What happens at the end of the seventh day will be the film's climax. The crime flick's cast members include Janani Iyer, Ajmal Ameer, Anu Mohan and Tovino Thomas. Actor Aravind Swamy is also reportedly part of the film.
"7th Day" music was composed by Deepak Dev. Sujith Vaassudev has taken care of cinematography, whereas John Kutty has handled the editing work. The crime drama is produced by Shibu G. Suseelan.
To look at the film's teaser trailer, click HERE.
Mammootty's "Gangster" is all set to arrive in theatres on 11 April.
Directed by Aashiq Abu, "Gangster" is a crime thriller in which Mammootty appears in the role of Akbar Ali Khan. The film has Nyla Usha and Aparna Gopinath as the female leads, while other cast members include Sekhar Menon, John Paul, TG Ravi and Kunchan.
"Gangster" music is by Deepak Dev, cinematography is by Alby and editing is by Saiju Sreedharan. The Mammootty starrer is produced by OPM Dream Mill Cinemas.
To watch the trailer of "Gangster", click HERE.
Besides the aforementioned films, Dileep's "Ring Master" and Kunchacko Boban's "Polytechnic" will also be reportedly hit screens on the same day in Kerala.
Rio 2 (Hollywood)
Animated adventure-comedy "Rio 2" will be out on 11 April in India.
Directed by Carlos Saldanha, "Rio 2" has Jesse Eisenberg and Anne Hathaway reprising the voices of Blu and Jewel, the main protagonists of the film.
For the Hindi-dubbed version of the film, actors Imran Khan and Sonakshi Sinha have given their voices for the main characters. The Hindi version will be hit the screens on the same day as the English version. "Rio 2" is presented by Fox Star India.
To watch "Rio 2" trailer, click HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan