Box Office: Balakrishna's 'Legend', Mohan Babu's 'Rowdy' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 6, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Check out the box office collection reports of Balarkrishna's "Legend" and Mohan Babu-Manchu Vishnu's "Rowdy".
Mohan Babu-Manchu Vishnu's 'Rowdy' Poster
Nandamuri Balakrishna's "Legend" has picked up on its second Saturday (5 April), compared to Friday (4 April). The film registered around 25 percent growth all over and is estimated to have earned more than ₹1.1 crore share on its 9th day at the box office, according to Andhraboxoffice website (ABO).
However, the World T20 final between India and Sri Lanka (scheduled for evening) might play spoilsport to the film's business on Sunday (6 April).
"Legend" ended the first week on a fantastic note, with the film raking in ₹21.86 crore share at the AP/Nizam box office. And by the end of its second weekend (4-6 April), the film is expected to take its earnings to around ₹24 crore (share) in the AP/Nizam markets.
The film has been performing well not just in India but also in overseas markets. According to the ABO website, "Legend" minted ₹26.35 crore share in its first week at the worldwide box office.
It remains to be seen how the film fares in its second week, which will be key to the box office status of the big budget entertainer.
With Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" set to hit theatres on 11 April, "Legend" will soon be facing some strong competition at the box office. So, the second week is crucial for the Balakrishan starrer to rake in decent collections, after which the film's performance might be affected due to the arrival of "Race Gurram".
Mohan Babu-Manchu Vishnu's "Rowdy" has reportedly earned ₹4.13 crore share on the first day of its release.
"Rowdy," which released on 4 April, opened to mixed reviews from critics. However, actor Mohan Babu's performance has won accolades from all quarters.
Here is the area-wise break-up of the film's first-day collections as reported by 123telugu.
Nizam- ₹1.25 crore, Ceded- ₹0.86 crore, Vizaq- ₹0.25 crore, East- ₹0.26 crore, West- ₹0.20 crore, Krishna- ₹0.32 crore, Guntur- ₹0.60 crore, Nellore- ₹0.14 crore, Bangalore- ₹0.25 crore, Total Share- ₹4.13 crore
One needs to wait and see how the film fares in its opening weekend.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch