Box Office: Balakrishna's 'Legend', Mohan Babu's 'Rowdy' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 6, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Check out the box office collection reports of Balarkrishna's "Legend" and Mohan Babu-Manchu Vishnu's "Rowdy".
Mohan Babu-Manchu Vishnu's 'Rowdy' Poster
Nandamuri Balakrishna's "Legend" has picked up on its second Saturday (5 April), compared to Friday (4 April). The film registered around 25 percent growth all over and is estimated to have earned more than ₹1.1 crore share on its 9th day at the box office, according to Andhraboxoffice website (ABO).
However, the World T20 final between India and Sri Lanka (scheduled for evening) might play spoilsport to the film's business on Sunday (6 April).
"Legend" ended the first week on a fantastic note, with the film raking in ₹21.86 crore share at the AP/Nizam box office. And by the end of its second weekend (4-6 April), the film is expected to take its earnings to around ₹24 crore (share) in the AP/Nizam markets.
The film has been performing well not just in India but also in overseas markets. According to the ABO website, "Legend" minted ₹26.35 crore share in its first week at the worldwide box office.
It remains to be seen how the film fares in its second week, which will be key to the box office status of the big budget entertainer.
With Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" set to hit theatres on 11 April, "Legend" will soon be facing some strong competition at the box office. So, the second week is crucial for the Balakrishan starrer to rake in decent collections, after which the film's performance might be affected due to the arrival of "Race Gurram".
Mohan Babu-Manchu Vishnu's "Rowdy" has reportedly earned ₹4.13 crore share on the first day of its release.
"Rowdy," which released on 4 April, opened to mixed reviews from critics. However, actor Mohan Babu's performance has won accolades from all quarters.
Here is the area-wise break-up of the film's first-day collections as reported by 123telugu.
Nizam- ₹1.25 crore, Ceded- ₹0.86 crore, Vizaq- ₹0.25 crore, East- ₹0.26 crore, West- ₹0.20 crore, Krishna- ₹0.32 crore, Guntur- ₹0.60 crore, Nellore- ₹0.14 crore, Bangalore- ₹0.25 crore, Total Share- ₹4.13 crore
One needs to wait and see how the film fares in its opening weekend.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery