Apple iPhone 6 Release Roundup: Release Date, iOS 8, Larger Displays, Trend Tracking and More
By Precious Silva | April 6, 2014 10:24 AM EST
Apple's iPhone 6 may release with the iOS 8, two display versions (one phablet-like) and trend tracking ability among others. Reports also suggest that Apple may release the device around September similar to its previous releases. What can people expect?
A woman tries the silver colored version of the new iPhone 5S after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California, September 10, 2013.
There is no definite date set for the release of the iPhone 6. However, if people will look at Apple's track record, it is logical to assume the company is eyeing for a September release. Throughout the years, the company has been releasing major products around the same time. While there are reports claiming Apple wants to break free from that, there is still no definite evidence to support a May, June or July release.
According to a report by Expert Reviews, the September release seems more logical especially when considering GT Advanced's financial report. The company is in charge of producing sapphire glass for Apple. According to the financial report, the company expects a surge of profit around second half of 2014. This can only coincide to the release of the device.
iOS 8 and Larger Displays
There are also reports saying that the new iPhone 6 will come out with iOS 8. According to 9to5Mac, the upcoming iOS 8 will bear design similarities with the iOS 7. Nonetheless, the iOS 8 will offer other features like a refreshed version of Apple Maps. The upcoming iOS will also come with an in-ap public transporation functionality.
Apple is also looking into improving Siri. The company just acquired Novauris under Dragon Systems. According to the report, Apple wanted Siri to be more collaborative with third-party applications. Trusted Reviews quoted the company:
"Apple buys smaller technology companies from time to time, and we generally do not discuss our purpose or plans."
The company remains secretive about its plans. If there is one piece of information that will not die down, it is that Apple will release two screen sizes: 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches. It appears the tech giant wants to compete in the phablet market this time.
Trend and Power Tracking
Another Apple has been spotted noting a new power management system that can track user's habits and adjust the phone's performance accordingly. The device can monitor the charge and discharge cycles of the device to match the CPU performance including brightness.
Apple has yet to make an official announcement about the iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell