iPhone 6 Release Date in June 2 at WWDC?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 6, 2014 10:20 AM EST
iPhone 6 release date is speculated to happen on June 2 at the Worldwide Developers' Conference.
According to Apple's press release, this year's annual tech event will be held at Moscone West in San Francisco from June 2 to 6. For the first time, attendees will not be invited but the tickets will be issued in a lottery. Interested participants can start sending their request today until Apr. 7.
iPhone 6 Concept
In order to send a request, developers have to be members of the iOS Developer Program, iOS Developer Enterprise Program, or Mac Developer Program.
"We have the most amazing developer community in the world and have a great week planned for them. Every year the WWDC audience becomes more diverse, with developers from almost every discipline you can imagine and coming from every corner of the globe. We look forward to sharing with them our latest advances in iOS and OS X so they can create the next generation of great apps," Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing Philip Schiller said.
Apple also offers free 200 places for student scholarships. Moreover, the National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) and its alliance partners will help promote scholarships to female engineers and coders this year.
The Cupertino-based tech giant has not announced the official launch of iPhone 6 but we still have less than two months to wait and see whether a device will show up at the said event. The event will release a new version of iOS as well as an improved Mac OS X. Other reports claimed that the handset will arrive in September or October.
Apple has not revealed the official specs and features of iPhone 6 yet. However, it was long rumoured that the company will release a smartphone for the phablet category this year. Speculations said that Apple will launch two iPhone 6 variants with a bigger screen display, one with 4.7 inches and the other with 5.5 inches. Moreover, both models will pack the faster and better A8 processor, and the upcoming iOS 8, the iPhone 5S' TouchID fingerprint sensor with new features and improvements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan