iPhone 6 Release Date in June 2 at WWDC?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 6, 2014 10:20 AM EST
iPhone 6 release date is speculated to happen on June 2 at the Worldwide Developers' Conference.
According to Apple's press release, this year's annual tech event will be held at Moscone West in San Francisco from June 2 to 6. For the first time, attendees will not be invited but the tickets will be issued in a lottery. Interested participants can start sending their request today until Apr. 7.
iPhone 6 Concept
In order to send a request, developers have to be members of the iOS Developer Program, iOS Developer Enterprise Program, or Mac Developer Program.
"We have the most amazing developer community in the world and have a great week planned for them. Every year the WWDC audience becomes more diverse, with developers from almost every discipline you can imagine and coming from every corner of the globe. We look forward to sharing with them our latest advances in iOS and OS X so they can create the next generation of great apps," Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing Philip Schiller said.
Apple also offers free 200 places for student scholarships. Moreover, the National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) and its alliance partners will help promote scholarships to female engineers and coders this year.
The Cupertino-based tech giant has not announced the official launch of iPhone 6 but we still have less than two months to wait and see whether a device will show up at the said event. The event will release a new version of iOS as well as an improved Mac OS X. Other reports claimed that the handset will arrive in September or October.
Apple has not revealed the official specs and features of iPhone 6 yet. However, it was long rumoured that the company will release a smartphone for the phablet category this year. Speculations said that Apple will launch two iPhone 6 variants with a bigger screen display, one with 4.7 inches and the other with 5.5 inches. Moreover, both models will pack the faster and better A8 processor, and the upcoming iOS 8, the iPhone 5S' TouchID fingerprint sensor with new features and improvements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones