Watch Action From Aintree: Grand National Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | April 5, 2014 10:49 PM EST
With 40 horses running, anything is possible as the 167th Grand National takes centre-stage at Aintree on Saturday.
Where to Watch Live
The race is scheduled for a 4.15 pm BST (8.45 pm IST) start with live TV coverage on Channel 4 in the UK. BBC Radio 5 Live will provide the radio coverage, with the first race of the third day at Aintree starting at 1:45 pm BST.
With over 600 million viewers expected worldwide for the showpiece event, all eyes will be glues on which horse makes history come the winning post on Saturday evening.
Run over four-and-a-half miles, the legendary steeplechase will see former Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Long Run, Tidal Bay and Teaforthree, last year's third-place finisher, all start among the favourites, in a race which is nearly always the most difficult to call.
"It would be amazing. It is one of those races everybody wants to win," Teaforthree trainer Rebecca Curtis said. "Every jockey, owner and trainer wants to win it because it is so hard to win. Even as Teaforthree going in as favourite, you need so much luck.
"It is not going to be a little trot around for him and the race is won. It is a hard, hard race and there is a lot of luck involved.
"There are so many bad luck stories where you are going well and you get brought down, and this and that."
Long Run has regressed since the big win in the Gold Cup three years ago when the likes of Kauto Star and Denman was left in his wake, but a momentous victory could be in order on Saturday.
"Clearly he has deteriorated since his days of beating Kauto Star and Denman in the Gold Cup, but he has been handicapped accordingly," owner Robert Waley-Cohen, whose son Sam will ride the horse, said. "All you can wish for is a clear run and then take it from there."
Tidal Bay, 13, will look to become the oldest horse in nearly a century to win the Grand National, but will shoulder the burden of being the top-weighted horse, making the odds just that little bit more longer.
"His form off top weight in his last three handicaps has been very good. He is in good shape and I am looking forward to him running," trainer Paul Nicholls said.
"It doesn't matter if he races in last and gradually picks up. He likes being ridden that way."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates