Update: 9-Month-Old Pakistani Baby Freed in Attempted Murder Case
By Ankita Mehta | April 5, 2014 10:43 PM EST
Pakistani court on Saturday freed Mohammad Musa, the nine-month-old baby, who was arrested in attempt to murder case.
Representative Image of a toddler suckling on her pacifier
The baby was freed after police withdrew charges against him, according to New York Times.
In a bizarre incident, a nine-month old baby who can barely even walk has reportedly been charged for planning a murder and threatening a police officer in Pakistan. The toddler even appeared before a session judge's court along with his father on Thursday.
Nine-month-old Mohammad Musa along with over 30 people are facing charges for attacking police team during a raid to catch suspected gas thieves in Lahore.
As per the FIR, which was registered last month, Musa attacked the staff with stones when they raided his home and reportedly says that the infant was involved in a murder attempt of police officials, according to The Nation.
Police arrested Musa and his father and produced them in court. Throughout the hearing, Musa sat on his father's lap and was busy suckling on his pacifier. [Check out Musa's photos here]
Additional District and Sessions Judge Rafaqat Ali, however, granted his bail and adjourned the case until 12 April.
While, police claims that they raided to catch the thieves, Musa's family claims that they were protesting against the electricity shortage. Musa's father has claimed that the police had registered a fake FIR against them and other family members.
"Our crime is that we had protested against non-availability of electricity in our locality," the father said, according to PTI, as reported by Times of India
Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif intervened into the matter after news of "nine-month-old facing charges for attempt to murder" was reported by local media
Sharif has demanded stern action against the officials and also asked a report from Inspector General Police, Punjab on the whole issue.
Following CM's intervention, ASI Kashif who filed the FIR was suspended.
"A nine month old can never commit such a crime. This incident took place due to sheer misunderstanding on the police's part and was not done on purpose," DIG Operations Rana Abdul Jabbar told The Express Tribune.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Immediate Deaths After Ice Bucket Challenge Are Hoaxes Gone Viral: Neck Injury And Hypothermia Killed Two People Performing The Stunt
- ISIS Beheading US Journalist James Foley Sparks Outrage, Netizens Demand 'All-Out War'
- ISIS Update: Executioner of James Foley with British Accent Identified as ‘John’
- Human Barbie: Ukranian Teenager Lolita Richi Comes Out As A New Human Barbie, Possible Valeria Lukyanova Rival
- Kate Middleton Cried During Visit To London Tower With Prince William--- Reports
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists