Update: 9-Month-Old Pakistani Baby Freed in Attempted Murder Case
By Ankita Mehta | April 5, 2014 10:43 PM EST
Pakistani court on Saturday freed Mohammad Musa, the nine-month-old baby, who was arrested in attempt to murder case.
Representative Image of a toddler suckling on her pacifier
The baby was freed after police withdrew charges against him, according to New York Times.
In a bizarre incident, a nine-month old baby who can barely even walk has reportedly been charged for planning a murder and threatening a police officer in Pakistan. The toddler even appeared before a session judge's court along with his father on Thursday.
Nine-month-old Mohammad Musa along with over 30 people are facing charges for attacking police team during a raid to catch suspected gas thieves in Lahore.
As per the FIR, which was registered last month, Musa attacked the staff with stones when they raided his home and reportedly says that the infant was involved in a murder attempt of police officials, according to The Nation.
Police arrested Musa and his father and produced them in court. Throughout the hearing, Musa sat on his father's lap and was busy suckling on his pacifier. [Check out Musa's photos here]
Additional District and Sessions Judge Rafaqat Ali, however, granted his bail and adjourned the case until 12 April.
While, police claims that they raided to catch the thieves, Musa's family claims that they were protesting against the electricity shortage. Musa's father has claimed that the police had registered a fake FIR against them and other family members.
"Our crime is that we had protested against non-availability of electricity in our locality," the father said, according to PTI, as reported by Times of India
Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif intervened into the matter after news of "nine-month-old facing charges for attempt to murder" was reported by local media
Sharif has demanded stern action against the officials and also asked a report from Inspector General Police, Punjab on the whole issue.
Following CM's intervention, ASI Kashif who filed the FIR was suspended.
"A nine month old can never commit such a crime. This incident took place due to sheer misunderstanding on the police's part and was not done on purpose," DIG Operations Rana Abdul Jabbar told The Express Tribune.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- ISIS Crucifies Teenage Boy For Filming Syrian Base; Image Of Baby Girl Being Beheaded Found [VIDEO]
- How Australian Father Stabbed 11-Year-Old Son Dead, More Details Emerge
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks