Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date: New Device May Take Galaxy S5 Design
By Raymond Ronamai | April 5, 2014 10:32 PM EST
Samsung Electronics has not revealed the release date of Galaxy Note 4, but several reports suggest that the device would be unveiled in the second half of 2014. Note 3 was unveiled at the IFA event 2013, and its successor is also expected to be announced at the same event this year, which will fall in September.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is expected to wear a similar look to the recently unveiled flagship smartphone, Galaxy S5, though it's not sure if it will have a faux leather cover like its predecessor. It may be recalled that Galaxy Note 3 looks very silimar to Galaxy S4, except the faux leather cover, when it was released last year.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will also have a few features of Galaxy S5, like water and dust resistant, and fingerprint sensor. It is even speculated that the device may come with a metal design.
The South Korean electronics giant is expected to upgrade its upcoming device from processor to operating system, and even its camera. Note 4 is expected to sport an AMOLED Ultra HD, 3480 x 2160 pixel display and come with an advanced handwriting recognition feature - S Pen stylus - to unlock the device.
Galaxy Note 4 is expected to be powered by a 64-bit processor and run on Android 4.5 Lollypop, a new OS that will be released by Google this year. It will have advanced hardware design - 20 nm 4 GB DDR3 DRAM, and have a 3,600 to 3,800 mAh battery, according to The TheGalaxyNote4 website.
Samsung is also expected to upgrade the camera in Note 4, probably by increasing its megapixel. South Korean media house ETNews reported that Samsung had begun developing a 20MP camera, set to be released in the second half of 2014.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet