Viral Video: Russian Factory Workers Imitate Cleopatra’s Beauty Ritual, Bathe in Milk Used for Making Cheese
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 5, 2014 9:43 PM EST
A viral video of Russian factory workers kneading cheese while shirtless with a dirty looking production area has logged more than 300,000 hits on YouTube, leading investigators to probe the unhygienic practices in the plant.
Apart from Australia's agriculture sector, where China has shifted its focus away from commodities iron ore and coal, the world's second-largest economy has decided it wants to have a piece of Australia's dairy sector as well. REUTERS
It turned out the bare-chested photo was just the tip of the iceberg because another video also emerged that also became viral on the Internet showing the workers bathing inside a milk vat, imitating a speculated beauty secret of ancient Egyptian queen Cleopatra. The incident happened during a pre-New Year's staff party.
The problem was that the guys didn't throw the milk bath after they immersed in it.
"It has already been established that the liquid that the factory workers were bathing in was the raw milk that was used for making the cheese," The Telegraph quoted a statement by an investigative committee.
The health violation was committed at a factory in Omsk, Siberia. Artyorn Romanov, an employee of the Omsk Cheese factory, posted the photos in the social networking site Vkontakte with the caption, "Actually our work is pretty boring."
A Russian court shuttered the factory, the Trading House of Cheese owned by Torgovy Dom Syra, on Thursday for 40 days, while the country's food watchdog, the Federal Consumer Protection Service, prohibited sale of its cheese since late March. Unfortunately, the plant had already sold over 49 tonnes of cheese since January in 14 Russian cities. The plant's specialty is string cheese.
The managers of the factory could be imprisoned for up to two years if they are found guilty of producing unsafe food because of the unhygienic practices of its "bored" employees.
Russian string cheese, anyone?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28