Viral Video: Russian Factory Workers Imitate Cleopatra’s Beauty Ritual, Bathe in Milk Used for Making Cheese
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 5, 2014 9:43 PM EST
A viral video of Russian factory workers kneading cheese while shirtless with a dirty looking production area has logged more than 300,000 hits on YouTube, leading investigators to probe the unhygienic practices in the plant.
Apart from Australia's agriculture sector, where China has shifted its focus away from commodities iron ore and coal, the world's second-largest economy has decided it wants to have a piece of Australia's dairy sector as well. REUTERS
It turned out the bare-chested photo was just the tip of the iceberg because another video also emerged that also became viral on the Internet showing the workers bathing inside a milk vat, imitating a speculated beauty secret of ancient Egyptian queen Cleopatra. The incident happened during a pre-New Year's staff party.
The problem was that the guys didn't throw the milk bath after they immersed in it.
"It has already been established that the liquid that the factory workers were bathing in was the raw milk that was used for making the cheese," The Telegraph quoted a statement by an investigative committee.
The health violation was committed at a factory in Omsk, Siberia. Artyorn Romanov, an employee of the Omsk Cheese factory, posted the photos in the social networking site Vkontakte with the caption, "Actually our work is pretty boring."
A Russian court shuttered the factory, the Trading House of Cheese owned by Torgovy Dom Syra, on Thursday for 40 days, while the country's food watchdog, the Federal Consumer Protection Service, prohibited sale of its cheese since late March. Unfortunately, the plant had already sold over 49 tonnes of cheese since January in 14 Russian cities. The plant's specialty is string cheese.
The managers of the factory could be imprisoned for up to two years if they are found guilty of producing unsafe food because of the unhygienic practices of its "bored" employees.
Russian string cheese, anyone?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown