‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Spoilers: Which Major Character Will Die?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 5, 2014 9:00 PM EST
When season 4 of the “Game of Thrones” premieres on HBO on Sunday, fans of the show will have to brace themselves for more blood and deaths.
Rumors have it that no major character will be safe and that the bloodbath at the Red Wedding was just a hint of what is to follow.
Cast of Game of Thrones
“There’s a huge power shift certainly in Season 4 and going into Season 5,” Michael McElhatton, who plays Roose Bolton on the HBO fantasy series, explained to E! News. “It should be exciting. Nobody is safe on ‘Game of Thrones.’ No character is too big to die.”
While it is too soon to say who will die, speculations are rife that several important characters such as Daenerys Targaryen, Jaime Lannister, Jon Snow, and even Arya are not safe.
But one hated character who will surely go down this year is Joffrey Baratheon, played by Jack Gleeson. The spoiled boy-king is expected to die on his wedding day after being poisoned, if the series follows the book.
While “A Storm of Swords” does not reveal who the actual killer is, suspicion is cast on Olenna Tyrell as well as Margaery. Viewers are hopeful the show might reveal who the actual killer is.
Baratheon’s death is expected to take place in the season’s second episode titled "The Lion and the Rose” and fans are ecstatic about the death.
— Callum Smillie (@calsmillie) April 5, 2014
Dear God please do not let anything happen to Tyrion Lannister this season. Please. Please. Please. And let Joffrey Baratheon die. Please — The Madam-Editor (@TheMadamEditor) February 10, 2014
YES, KING JUSTIN BIEBER (Joffrey Baratheon) WILL DIE HAHAHAHAHA
— 死者の女王 Drinna (@yodrdrp) April 5, 2014
The upcoming episode is titled “Two Swords” and the official synopsis states that while Arya runs into an old friend, Dany is heading towards Meereen, a slave city. But she finds herself in the midst of enemies, and her life is under great risk, according to the episode’s preview.
The official synopsis of “Two Swords” reads: Tyrion welcomes a guest to King’s Landing. At Castle Black, Jon Snow finds himself unwelcome. Dany is pointed to Meereen, the mother of all slave cities. Arya runs into an old friend.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best