Call of Duty: Ghosts gets new Patch for Xbox 360 and Xbox One, Full Patch Notes; Details of Devastation DLC
By Aditya Bhat | April 5, 2014 8:57 PM EST
Call of Duty: Ghosts, the FPS title from Infinity Ward, has gotten a new patch for Xbox One and Xbox 360 and a Devastation DLC.
The patch not only introduces new fixes for the issues troubling the game, but also brings updates to the anti-cheat measures and improvements to the game's stability. Along with it, the patch brings improvements to eSports too. Some of the fixes that will be brought about by Infinity Ward are minor graphical bug related to UI rendering, player "Time Played" category overlapping text.
Call of Duty: Ghosts gets new patch and Devastation DLC.
This patch will also be bringing fixes to the Extinction, a game mode in Call of Duty: Ghosts. The mode has four classes, namely Weapon Specialist, Tank, Engineer, and Medic.
Apart from the patch, the game also gets its second map pack, Devastation, which will bring in four multiplayer maps, a new Extinction mode - Mayday, a new weapon that can be used either as a sub machine gun or an assault rifle. The monster from the movie, Predator will also be making an appearance. The new DLC will be weighing 1.34 GB and will release for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Below are the complete patch notes of Xbox 360 and Xbox One version of Call of Duty (Call of Duty Community):
- Allow Free Fall to be available for everyone.
- All challenges are now active operations at once.
- Main Menu layout update.
- Update to Gold Camo tracking. Now shows how many camos left to unlock Gold.
- Added Hunted Free For All leaderboard.
- Added Weapon Operations to the Operations menu.
- Removed tracker sight exploit on Warhawk.
- Prevents players from inappropriately modifying 'kick' messages.
- Anti-cheat tool updates.
- Made changes to Clan v Clan: Remove bomb timer sounds, and restrict Ghillie suit use.
- Fix for not allowing people in an eSports system link game from viewing third person.
- Fixes issue where CODCaster icon was erroneously showing up for remote players on a private match client machine.
- Fixed issue that could cause a user to get booted for repeatedly changing classes during match.
- Fixed issue where preset camera buttons were not working while the fullscreen map is up.
- One Added LAN support. (Xbox One only)
- Kinect voice command fix for selecting game modes. (Xbox One only)
- One Fixed incorrect messaging that could occur for local parties. (Xbox One only)
- Console bans now display an error message at login. (Xbox 360 only)
- Fixed issue where game host wouldn't receive an error message after not disabling party chat. (Xbox 360 only)
- Fix to destroy planted explosives if they are placed on top of a care package and then care package is claimed before explosive.
- Fix for players that switch teams to see correct colored notifications when their allies use kill streaks.
- Fix KD history not updating in team matches that expire on time.
- Fixed the title only displaying the first two characters of the user's gamertag in a Private Match lobby when that user does not have the same map packs as host.
- Fixed weapon information in Player Card to allow proper weapons to be seen in clan details.
- Fixed minor graphical bug related to UI rendering.
- Various bug fixes regarding non-active controllers following invites.
- Fixed a thermal sight issues that could allow the user to skip the raise animation.
Fix for player "Time Played" category overlapping text.
- Fixing issues where guest accounts can open the leaderboards menu.
- Fixed an issue where the challenge "Sponge III" was not tracking as expected.
- Fixed an issue where the XP points popup showed for kills in killcams.
- Fixed issue where monthly/all time filters didn't work for the squads leaderboards.
- Fixed rare instance where player is unable to call out a killstreak or care package after earning.
- Casual mode added to Local and Solo matches - limited achievements available and no leaderboard posting.
- Hardcore Mode added to Local, Solo, and Custom Matches for Point of Contact and Nightfall.
- Numerous fixes to Nightfall.
- Reduced the radius for Explosive Ammo.
- Fixed a cash exploit while dropping money.
- Fixed a bad location on Nightfall for one of the Stay in the Marked Area challenges.
- Nightfall now properly tracks "Mission's Completed" on the Player Card.
- Point of Contact and Nightfall Leaderboards now both properly track Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. The columns were reversed in previous TUs.
Below is the description of all the four maps being introduced in Devastation DLC:
- Ruins is located on a Mexican peninsula and set amidst the remnants of a mountaintop Mayan temple, with multiple levels providing verticality for longer-range weapons, and underground pathways perfect for close-quarters encounters. Savvy players that find and complete the unique Field Order will be able to trigger the map's volcano to erupt, and enjoy watching enemy players attempt to take cover as fiery debris fall from the sky.
- Collision is a mangle of debris scattered atop a container ship pinned underneath a crippled bridge in New York. This small map is ideal for run-and-gun tactics. Players who dominate Collision and complete the map's specific Field Order will be able take control of a heavily armed aircraft and rain down destruction from above.
- Behemoth takes the battle aboard a massive excavation platform in South America. Long sight lines open this map up to longer-range weapons, while the compact interiors of the control rooms are ideal for SMG's and Shotguns. Completing Behemoth's Field Order will allow players to control an attack helicopter armed with a deadly, armor-piercing Rail Gun as it circles the excavator searching for enemy combatants.
- Unearthed drops players into a reimagined version of Dome, the fan-favorite multiplayer map from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. With a new look and all-new secrets, Unearthed is a compact map for all player types, who must navigate an alien artifact dig site in order to unlock the map's Field Order and unleash the power of the Cryptids, as well as locate the map's secret alien weapon.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS