‘How I Met Your Mother’ Alternate Ending: Mother Does Not Die, Robin-Barney Still Together?
By Keerthi Mohan | April 5, 2014 5:45 PM EST
It has been days since “How I Met Your Mother” came to an end, but a section of fans are still disgruntled about the ending of the series that showed Tracy dying and Ted and Robin reuniting. But fans will soon have a reason to rejoice because the creators will be incorporating an alternate ending in the series’ DVD.
How I Met Your Mother (CreativeCommons/FrancisOrante)
Carter Bays, co-creator of the series, on Friday tweeted about the alternate ending, which is simply edited differently than what was aired on Monday.
“If you didn't like the finale, I guess that happens. We tried something and it didn't connect with you. I hope we're still friends,” Bays tweeted.
“So anyway, here's a bit of news: 16 days ago today we were in the HIMYM edit room, trying to decide between two very different endings.
“We only shot one script, but through edit room magic we had two possible outcomes for the series. We chose the ending we chose and we stand by it. But we loved the other version too,” he added.
It is not immediately known what the alternate ending will be, but fans are rooting for a happy ending for Ted and Tracy, the mother who was shown as dead when the series came to an end.
Although the producers as well as 20th Century Fox TV have refused to comment on the particulars of the happy ending, Deadline reported a source describing it as a “happy ending.”
Will it involve the mother staying alive, and a happy marriage for Robin and Barney?
A YouTube fan recently created an alternate ending that showed Ted spotting Tracy holding the yellow umbrella. As a train whizzes by, the voice-over says, “And that, kids, is how I met your mother.”
But the video was soon removed over copyrights issues.
Unhappy with the ending of HIMYM, a section of fans had also launched an online petition asking the creators of the series to reshoot the ending. And the news of an alternate ending has fans tweeting that sometimes complaining pays off.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter