‘Game of Thrones' Season 4 Episode 1 Spoilers: 'Two Swords'
By Riza Ornos | April 5, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Yes, the long awaited premiere is finally here and fans of HBO's epic fantasy "Game of Thrones" are counting down the hours of its April 6 season 4 premiere. GOT season 4 episode 1, "Two Swords," features Ned Stark's bastard Jon Snow in Castle Black and Daenerys Targaryen, the Mother of Dragons, is heading to Meereen.
The official synopsis of "Game of Thrones" season 4 episode 1 reads: "Tyrion welcomes a guest to King's Landing. At Castle Black, Jon Snow finds himself unwelcome. Dany is pointed to Meereen, the mother of all slave cities. Arya runs into an old friend."
"Two Swords" opens with Daenerys as she leads her army of Unsullied towards Meereen but based on the preview shared by Winter Is Coming, Dany is in dangerous territory as she finds herself in the midst of her enemies. The trailer also features Jaimie Lannister not totally welcomed in his return from captivity especially from his lover/sister Cersie.
The King of the Wall Jon Snow is back after he escaped the Wildlings' captivity and warns men who think him as a traitor. Played by Kit Harrington, Jon Snow's return to The Wall will create more drama after the brutal ending of his family in the Red Wedding.
GOT's season 4 also promises additional characters and one of which is the Red Viper or also known as Prince Oberyn Martell. The preview also features him giving Tyrion a veiled threat during his visit in King's Landing. Based on some "Game of Thrones" a season 4 spoiler, the prince is there to avenge his brother's death.
With more CGI and special effect, season 4 is packed with amazing locations and colorful characters that Harrington assures its fans that the upcoming season is going to be wild ride. "In season one it was actually quite minimal on CGI and special effects comparatively, but as the world grows with more supernatural elements coming in; the more we have to rely on CGI," revealed the English actor in an interview with CNN.
"And now season four is by far and away the biggest effects-happy season because of the dragons and the direwolves, but also because they have embraced that world now that the audience is on board," he added.
"Game of Thrones" season 4, episode 1 is set to air on Sunday, April 6, at 9 P.M. on HBO.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand