‘Game of Thrones' Season 4 Episode 1 Spoilers: 'Two Swords'
By Riza Ornos | April 5, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Yes, the long awaited premiere is finally here and fans of HBO's epic fantasy "Game of Thrones" are counting down the hours of its April 6 season 4 premiere. GOT season 4 episode 1, "Two Swords," features Ned Stark's bastard Jon Snow in Castle Black and Daenerys Targaryen, the Mother of Dragons, is heading to Meereen.
The official synopsis of "Game of Thrones" season 4 episode 1 reads: "Tyrion welcomes a guest to King's Landing. At Castle Black, Jon Snow finds himself unwelcome. Dany is pointed to Meereen, the mother of all slave cities. Arya runs into an old friend."
"Two Swords" opens with Daenerys as she leads her army of Unsullied towards Meereen but based on the preview shared by Winter Is Coming, Dany is in dangerous territory as she finds herself in the midst of her enemies. The trailer also features Jaimie Lannister not totally welcomed in his return from captivity especially from his lover/sister Cersie.
The King of the Wall Jon Snow is back after he escaped the Wildlings' captivity and warns men who think him as a traitor. Played by Kit Harrington, Jon Snow's return to The Wall will create more drama after the brutal ending of his family in the Red Wedding.
GOT's season 4 also promises additional characters and one of which is the Red Viper or also known as Prince Oberyn Martell. The preview also features him giving Tyrion a veiled threat during his visit in King's Landing. Based on some "Game of Thrones" a season 4 spoiler, the prince is there to avenge his brother's death.
With more CGI and special effect, season 4 is packed with amazing locations and colorful characters that Harrington assures its fans that the upcoming season is going to be wild ride. "In season one it was actually quite minimal on CGI and special effects comparatively, but as the world grows with more supernatural elements coming in; the more we have to rely on CGI," revealed the English actor in an interview with CNN.
"And now season four is by far and away the biggest effects-happy season because of the dragons and the direwolves, but also because they have embraced that world now that the audience is on board," he added.
"Game of Thrones" season 4, episode 1 is set to air on Sunday, April 6, at 9 P.M. on HBO.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast