‘Game of Thrones' Season 4 Episode 1 Spoilers: 'Two Swords'
By Riza Ornos | April 5, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Yes, the long awaited premiere is finally here and fans of HBO's epic fantasy "Game of Thrones" are counting down the hours of its April 6 season 4 premiere. GOT season 4 episode 1, "Two Swords," features Ned Stark's bastard Jon Snow in Castle Black and Daenerys Targaryen, the Mother of Dragons, is heading to Meereen.
The official synopsis of "Game of Thrones" season 4 episode 1 reads: "Tyrion welcomes a guest to King's Landing. At Castle Black, Jon Snow finds himself unwelcome. Dany is pointed to Meereen, the mother of all slave cities. Arya runs into an old friend."
"Two Swords" opens with Daenerys as she leads her army of Unsullied towards Meereen but based on the preview shared by Winter Is Coming, Dany is in dangerous territory as she finds herself in the midst of her enemies. The trailer also features Jaimie Lannister not totally welcomed in his return from captivity especially from his lover/sister Cersie.
The King of the Wall Jon Snow is back after he escaped the Wildlings' captivity and warns men who think him as a traitor. Played by Kit Harrington, Jon Snow's return to The Wall will create more drama after the brutal ending of his family in the Red Wedding.
GOT's season 4 also promises additional characters and one of which is the Red Viper or also known as Prince Oberyn Martell. The preview also features him giving Tyrion a veiled threat during his visit in King's Landing. Based on some "Game of Thrones" a season 4 spoiler, the prince is there to avenge his brother's death.
With more CGI and special effect, season 4 is packed with amazing locations and colorful characters that Harrington assures its fans that the upcoming season is going to be wild ride. "In season one it was actually quite minimal on CGI and special effects comparatively, but as the world grows with more supernatural elements coming in; the more we have to rely on CGI," revealed the English actor in an interview with CNN.
"And now season four is by far and away the biggest effects-happy season because of the dragons and the direwolves, but also because they have embraced that world now that the audience is on board," he added.
"Game of Thrones" season 4, episode 1 is set to air on Sunday, April 6, at 9 P.M. on HBO.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop