‘Game of Thrones' Season 4 Episode 1 Spoilers: 'Two Swords'
By Riza Ornos | April 5, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Yes, the long awaited premiere is finally here and fans of HBO's epic fantasy "Game of Thrones" are counting down the hours of its April 6 season 4 premiere. GOT season 4 episode 1, "Two Swords," features Ned Stark's bastard Jon Snow in Castle Black and Daenerys Targaryen, the Mother of Dragons, is heading to Meereen.
The official synopsis of "Game of Thrones" season 4 episode 1 reads: "Tyrion welcomes a guest to King's Landing. At Castle Black, Jon Snow finds himself unwelcome. Dany is pointed to Meereen, the mother of all slave cities. Arya runs into an old friend."
"Two Swords" opens with Daenerys as she leads her army of Unsullied towards Meereen but based on the preview shared by Winter Is Coming, Dany is in dangerous territory as she finds herself in the midst of her enemies. The trailer also features Jaimie Lannister not totally welcomed in his return from captivity especially from his lover/sister Cersie.
The King of the Wall Jon Snow is back after he escaped the Wildlings' captivity and warns men who think him as a traitor. Played by Kit Harrington, Jon Snow's return to The Wall will create more drama after the brutal ending of his family in the Red Wedding.
GOT's season 4 also promises additional characters and one of which is the Red Viper or also known as Prince Oberyn Martell. The preview also features him giving Tyrion a veiled threat during his visit in King's Landing. Based on some "Game of Thrones" a season 4 spoiler, the prince is there to avenge his brother's death.
With more CGI and special effect, season 4 is packed with amazing locations and colorful characters that Harrington assures its fans that the upcoming season is going to be wild ride. "In season one it was actually quite minimal on CGI and special effects comparatively, but as the world grows with more supernatural elements coming in; the more we have to rely on CGI," revealed the English actor in an interview with CNN.
"And now season four is by far and away the biggest effects-happy season because of the dragons and the direwolves, but also because they have embraced that world now that the audience is on board," he added.
"Game of Thrones" season 4, episode 1 is set to air on Sunday, April 6, at 9 P.M. on HBO.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members