‘Game of Thrones' Season 4 July 6 Premiere: Everything You Want To Know
By Riza Ornos | April 5, 2014 5:34 PM EST
HBO's "Game of Thrones" Season 4 premiere is finally coming and fans of the epic fantasy series are counting down the hours as they wait for the shows winter. The last season ended with a bloody finale and Season 4 promises new adventures, new storylines and new characters as the network airs it on Sunday, April 6.
Cast member Sophie Turner poses during the red carpet event for the movie "Another Me" at the Rome Film Festival, November 15, 2013. REUTERS/Max Ross
Fans will be returning to Westeros for another season of George R.R. Martin's saga as he racked up more characters. Since there are too many characters for this series, here some of the lead characters that fans need to watch out for GOT season 4.
Known as the show's cruelest family, the Lannisters are back together in Kings Landing including the family's patriarch Tywin Lannister. Still trying to maintain his family's power, Tywin played by Charles Dance is still serving his misfit of a grandson King Joffrey.
Fans favourite Tyrion Lannister played by Emmy winner Peter Dinklage has been forced to many his nephew's ex-fiance Sansa Stark. Jaime Lannister is also back from being held captive but his reunion with his twin Cersie is not as happy and sweet as it used to be. Things were never be the same since Jaime lost his hand in combat and that includes his relationship with his sister, or his lover.
Since the death of Ned Stark, the whole family is still fighting for freedom and truth. After the famous Red Wedding, the Stark family (Jon Snow, Arya, Sansa, Bran and Rickon) is starting to get back on its feet as they try to continue to survive. John Snow has returned to the Wall as he managed to escape from the Wildlings captivity.
Arya Stark is still with her brutal captor, known as The Hound, and Bran is heading up north with his friends as they try to find the three-eyed crow. His prophetic dreams and mystical powers are getting stronger and season 4 will feature him as he tries to control his capabilities.
"Game of Thrones" season 4 is scheduled to kick off at 9 P.M. EDT.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga