'Oru Kanniyum Moonu Kalavaanigalum' (OKMK) Review Roundup: Brave Attempt by Chimbu Devan
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 5, 2014 3:31 PM EST
Arulnithi-Chimbu Devan's "Oru Kanniyum Moonu Kalavaanigalum" ("OKMK") has received decent reviews from critics.
Besides Arulnithi, "OKMK" has Bindhu Madhavi, Bhagavathi Perumal (bucks of "Naduvula Konjam Pakkaththa Kaanom" fame) and Ashrita Shetty in pivotal roles.
Facebook/ Bindu Madhavi
Oru Kanniyum Moonu Kalavaanigalum (Facebook/Bindu Madhavi)
Three friends Tamil (Arulnidhi), Malar (Bindu Madhavi) and Isaki (Bhagavathi Perumal) are in need of money to solve their own problems. They decide to kidnap a buinsess tycoon's daughter Isabella (Ashrita), Tamil's beloved lover who is forced into marriage to the groom of her father's choice.
The film deals with the idea of how time is very valuable and how even a single minute makes a big difference. The director shows three different scenarios of the same kidnapping story with just a time gap of 60 seconds. Each scenario has different incidents that have been presented in a humorous manner.
Critics have appreciated director Chimbu Devan for making a brave attempt like "OKMK." They have heaped praises on the director for coming up with an intelligent screenplay and making it entertaining on screen.
On the performances front, Arulnithi has done justice to his role, whereas the other cast members have done a neat job, according to critics.
Here is the review roundup of "Oru Kanniyum Moonu Kalavaanigalum"
According to Indiaglitz, "Be it the story or be it the concept, everything about the movie is a new idea. But what makes the movie stand out is it's screenplay and well conceived direction. With the story in place, a lot of minor incidents are put together to make a completely appealing movie. And all these incidents have been shot with utmost care, keeping in mind all the fine details."
On the performances of the actors, Behindwoods Review Board says, "Arulnithi's career graph continues to rise positively, shaping up his screen presence and emotional connect with the script and the audience with every passing film. Despite being labeled as the hero of the film, the screen space is shared almost equally with Bhagavathi Perumal, who continues his NKPK act with good effect, and Bindu Madhavi who can give herself a pat on the back for not playing a stereotypical heroine."
Regarding the technical aspects, Rajasekar of Cinemalead says, "Cinematography by SR Kathir is good and perfectly suited for the film's theme. Editing by Raja Mohammed is a big plus and three episodes are edited in such a way that there is no confusion for the audience, also nothing is repetitive."
Despite all the positive elements in the film, it could not be termed as a complete comedy riot as it lacks to provoke enough laughs, critics say. Still, "OKMK" is worth watching for director Chimbu Devan's daring efforts to come up with a nice concept.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan