'Oru Kanniyum Moonu Kalavaanigalum' (OKMK) Review Roundup: Brave Attempt by Chimbu Devan
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 5, 2014 3:31 PM EST
Arulnithi-Chimbu Devan's "Oru Kanniyum Moonu Kalavaanigalum" ("OKMK") has received decent reviews from critics.
Besides Arulnithi, "OKMK" has Bindhu Madhavi, Bhagavathi Perumal (bucks of "Naduvula Konjam Pakkaththa Kaanom" fame) and Ashrita Shetty in pivotal roles.
Facebook/ Bindu Madhavi
Oru Kanniyum Moonu Kalavaanigalum (Facebook/Bindu Madhavi)
Three friends Tamil (Arulnidhi), Malar (Bindu Madhavi) and Isaki (Bhagavathi Perumal) are in need of money to solve their own problems. They decide to kidnap a buinsess tycoon's daughter Isabella (Ashrita), Tamil's beloved lover who is forced into marriage to the groom of her father's choice.
The film deals with the idea of how time is very valuable and how even a single minute makes a big difference. The director shows three different scenarios of the same kidnapping story with just a time gap of 60 seconds. Each scenario has different incidents that have been presented in a humorous manner.
Critics have appreciated director Chimbu Devan for making a brave attempt like "OKMK." They have heaped praises on the director for coming up with an intelligent screenplay and making it entertaining on screen.
On the performances front, Arulnithi has done justice to his role, whereas the other cast members have done a neat job, according to critics.
Here is the review roundup of "Oru Kanniyum Moonu Kalavaanigalum"
According to Indiaglitz, "Be it the story or be it the concept, everything about the movie is a new idea. But what makes the movie stand out is it's screenplay and well conceived direction. With the story in place, a lot of minor incidents are put together to make a completely appealing movie. And all these incidents have been shot with utmost care, keeping in mind all the fine details."
On the performances of the actors, Behindwoods Review Board says, "Arulnithi's career graph continues to rise positively, shaping up his screen presence and emotional connect with the script and the audience with every passing film. Despite being labeled as the hero of the film, the screen space is shared almost equally with Bhagavathi Perumal, who continues his NKPK act with good effect, and Bindu Madhavi who can give herself a pat on the back for not playing a stereotypical heroine."
Regarding the technical aspects, Rajasekar of Cinemalead says, "Cinematography by SR Kathir is good and perfectly suited for the film's theme. Editing by Raja Mohammed is a big plus and three episodes are edited in such a way that there is no confusion for the audience, also nothing is repetitive."
Despite all the positive elements in the film, it could not be termed as a complete comedy riot as it lacks to provoke enough laughs, critics say. Still, "OKMK" is worth watching for director Chimbu Devan's daring efforts to come up with a nice concept.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage