ICC World T20 Semifinal: India vs South Africa Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 5, 2014 1:58 PM EST
India cruised into the final of the ICC World T20 2014 courtesy that chaser extraordinaire Virat Kohli, who yet again showed exactly why he is considered to be one of the best in the business.
After being asked to bowl first, India, apart from R Ashwin, struggled to stem the run flow, with South Africa posting a big semifinal total of 172 for four from their 20 overs.
In reply, India got off to a good start thanks to their openers Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane, before Kohli took over in some style to hand India a comfortable victory, as they finished on 176 for four with five balls to spare - even Dale Steyn could do little as India romped home to setup another ICC final against Sri Lanka.
India will hope for a similar result against Sri Lanka like they managed in the 50-over World Cup final in Mumbai in 2011, which now stands as one of the country's modern day great memories.
Find the highlights of the second semifinal between India and South Africa HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales