'Legend' Box Office Collection: Balakrishna Starrer Beats Pawan Kalyan's 'CGR' Week 1 Share in AP
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 4, 2014 11:21 PM EST
Nandamuri Balakrishna's "Legend" has ended the first week on a good note. [Also Read: "Legend", "Rowdy" Collectione HERE]
Legend (Facebook/14 Reels)
"Legend" has minted ₹21.86 crore share from AP/Nizam area in its first week. The film has managed to enter into the list of all time top 10 first week AP/Nizam collections.
The Balakrishna starrer has surpassed Pawan Kalyan's "Cameraman Gangatho Rambabu" ("CGR") collections by a small margin and made it to the list.
The Pawan Kalyan starrer had fetched ₹21.25 crore in its first week and had taken the 10th spot in the list of films with high opening week collections in AP. By minting ₹21.86 crore share in its debut week, "Legend" beat "CGR" and grabbed its spot.
However, the high voltage action entertainer failed to make it to the list of films with all time top 10 worldwide first week share. The film's total worldwide share stands at ₹26.35 crore and it did not make it to the list as Allu Arjun's "Julayi," which is at the 10th spot. It had scored better collections than "Legend," and with ₹27.5 crore worldwide share, "Julayi" still retains its spot in the list.
To look at areawise breakup of "Legend" first week collections, click HERE.
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, "Legend" is the first big summer release of the year. The film, which released in more than 900 screens, minted fantastic collections on the first day. The Balakrishna starrer managed to continue its good performance at the box office in the folowing days. With the film minting decent collections in the first week, it is all set for a strong second week.
However, Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's "Rowdy," which released on 4 April, might affect "Legend" business. It remains to be seen as to how the action entertainer performs in the future.
Interestingly, "Legend" is already been declared as one of the biggest hits in Balakrishna's career.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys