Charlie Hunnam Ditches ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Scruff, Actor Sporting ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Look for ‘Crimson Peak’
By Riza Ornos | April 4, 2014 10:53 PM EST
Charlie Hunnam, known as SAMCRO's leader of the pack, plays Jax Teller in the FX biker drama series, "Sons of Anarchy." The actor was recently spotted sporting a new "Fifty Shades of Grey" look while buying some stuff at a grocery in Toronto.
Charlie Hunnam who is set to play Christian Grey in the film version of EL James's best-selling erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey, admitted that he is aware that he is not what some fans had in mind for the role.(Reuters)
Without his signature beard, the 33-year-old star could not be recognised. He has shaved-off his "Sons of Anarchy" beard to film for Guillermo Del Toro's upcoming film, "Crimson Peak." This is not the first time Hunnam is working with Del Toro. Last year, he had starred in Del Toro's blockbuster "Pacific Rim," in which he played a washed-up Jaeger pilot called, Raleigh Becket.
The actor will be soon wrapping-up his biker series, as the upcoming "Sons of Anarchy" season seven is the final season. The show is set to begin filming in September. The actor will return to the show to reprise his role as SAMCRO's president who will do anything within his power to avenge the death of his wife Tara.
For "Crimson Peak," Hunnam will play the role of Dr. Alan McMichael, a "quiet, shy, thoughtful kind of stoic, taciturn, very learned guy who is madly in love with the female hero." "Crimson Peak" follows the story of Edith Cushing, played by Mia Wasikowska, a young author who discovers that her husband's is not what he appears to be.
The horror movie also stars Tom Hiddleston as Sir Thomas Sharpe, Edith's charming but mysterious husband. Other stars in the movie include Jim Beaver, Leslie Hope and Burn Gorman. The film is scheduled to be released on Oct. 16, 2015.
"Fifty Shades of Grey"
Last year, Hunnam hit the headlines when he got cast in the movie based on E.L. James international bestseller, "Fifty Shades of Grey." He was cast to play kinky billionaire, Christian Grey. The actor, however, soon walked away from the movie.
"I am doing good. I am just really concentrating on work. It's been a really busy time," says the actor in an interview with E! Online. "I have had some family stuff going on so just trying to stay focused and stay positive and keep trying to do a good job at work and be with my family and stay positive."
The publication later learned that the actor's father has passed away in May 2013. This is the one of the main reasons why he had to travel back to England.
Irish actor Jamie Dornan, who is known for his outstanding performance in Belfast-based TV drama "The Fall," is now portraying Christian Grey, a role which was first offered to Hunnam.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is set to be released on Valentine's Day 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June