Charlie Hunnam Ditches ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Scruff, Actor Sporting ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Look for ‘Crimson Peak’
By Riza Ornos | April 4, 2014 10:53 PM EST
Charlie Hunnam, known as SAMCRO's leader of the pack, plays Jax Teller in the FX biker drama series, "Sons of Anarchy." The actor was recently spotted sporting a new "Fifty Shades of Grey" look while buying some stuff at a grocery in Toronto.
Charlie Hunnam who is set to play Christian Grey in the film version of EL James's best-selling erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey, admitted that he is aware that he is not what some fans had in mind for the role.(Reuters)
Without his signature beard, the 33-year-old star could not be recognised. He has shaved-off his "Sons of Anarchy" beard to film for Guillermo Del Toro's upcoming film, "Crimson Peak." This is not the first time Hunnam is working with Del Toro. Last year, he had starred in Del Toro's blockbuster "Pacific Rim," in which he played a washed-up Jaeger pilot called, Raleigh Becket.
The actor will be soon wrapping-up his biker series, as the upcoming "Sons of Anarchy" season seven is the final season. The show is set to begin filming in September. The actor will return to the show to reprise his role as SAMCRO's president who will do anything within his power to avenge the death of his wife Tara.
For "Crimson Peak," Hunnam will play the role of Dr. Alan McMichael, a "quiet, shy, thoughtful kind of stoic, taciturn, very learned guy who is madly in love with the female hero." "Crimson Peak" follows the story of Edith Cushing, played by Mia Wasikowska, a young author who discovers that her husband's is not what he appears to be.
The horror movie also stars Tom Hiddleston as Sir Thomas Sharpe, Edith's charming but mysterious husband. Other stars in the movie include Jim Beaver, Leslie Hope and Burn Gorman. The film is scheduled to be released on Oct. 16, 2015.
"Fifty Shades of Grey"
Last year, Hunnam hit the headlines when he got cast in the movie based on E.L. James international bestseller, "Fifty Shades of Grey." He was cast to play kinky billionaire, Christian Grey. The actor, however, soon walked away from the movie.
"I am doing good. I am just really concentrating on work. It's been a really busy time," says the actor in an interview with E! Online. "I have had some family stuff going on so just trying to stay focused and stay positive and keep trying to do a good job at work and be with my family and stay positive."
The publication later learned that the actor's father has passed away in May 2013. This is the one of the main reasons why he had to travel back to England.
Irish actor Jamie Dornan, who is known for his outstanding performance in Belfast-based TV drama "The Fall," is now portraying Christian Grey, a role which was first offered to Hunnam.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is set to be released on Valentine's Day 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes