Watch Dogs: Size of Map, Absence of Loading Screens Detailed, New Footage to be Released at PAX East [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 4, 2014 10:43 PM EST
Watch Dogs will release on 27 May.
Watch Dogs, the upcoming open world game from Ubisoft, that has seen delays get some new information on the size of the map, online contracts and sound tracks hacking. The game will be releasing a video at PAX East, but not for the Xbox One version.
Watch Dogs is a hacking game where people control the protagonist Aiden Pearce. It is set in Chicago and will allow them to hack into virtually anything to obtain information and also control the situations making it easy to escape from police or from other hackers.
A YouTube user, KnightRobby of Open World Games said that he compared the size of the maps for Watch Dogs with that of GTA 5 and found that the map size of Watch Dogs was smaller than the other.
In one of the trailers of Watch Dogs, a scene shows that he is getting down from a train, and near the doors is the supposed map of Watch Dogs and when asked about the maps placed there, Colin Graham, the director of animation at Ubisoft Montreal said, "Why do you think it is there?"
Graham revealed some other details on Watch Dogs via his Twitter handle, confirming that the online contracts in the game will be timed. The online contracts will probably have the objective of players spying undetected.
After learning that, there will be a lot of Radio Stations in the game and Graham revealed, "I won't give a number, but it's a lot!" It was also revealed by GamingBolt that players will be able to collect songs from other people by using the song sneak app or by hacking their phone.
The game will have a music player, but will be placed inside the cell phone of the protagonist, Aiden. "No, we decided that it was better to have the media player in your phone. Hacking to get music is more WD style,"tweeted Graham.
He has also revealed that there will be no loading screens in the game, his tweet said, "WD [is] an open world architecture, and we have good mission streaming. We don't like loading screens."
He also said that a new video footage will be released for PAX East, but the footage will be of PlayStation 4 and not Xbox One.
Watch Dogs will be released on 27 May for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. There will also be a Wii U version, but it has been delayed and will be released later.
Image credit: watchdogs.ubi.com
(YouTube Courtesy: Open World Games)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?