Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Boss to Offload Dynamic Duo for ‘Rebuilding’ Funds
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 4, 2014 10:27 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho will reportedly sell two of his prized assets to fund future purchases, as he looks to rebuild his squad.
Report suggests that either Chelsea's Eden Hazard or Oscar could be offloaded this summer to raise transfer funds for a squad overhaul
The Mirror suggests that the Portuguese mentor has already obtained the approval of Roman Abramovich to offload either of attacking duo Eden Hazard and Oscar, which Mourinho jokingly valued at £300million, in the next transfer window to amass a huge sum.
They will join Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto'o, Demba Ba, and Romelu Lukaku to aid Chelsea's major overhaul.
Meanwhile, defender £22million-rated David Luiz is also in consideration to join the aforementioned players amid interests from Barcelona and Paris Saint Germain.
The "Special One" is particularly looking for a legitimate world-class striker, with the likes of Diego Costa, Falcao, and Edinson Cavani rumoured to be in the mix, to help their Premier League and European title bid next term as insufficient goal production has proved to be costly this season.
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season