'Sam and Cat' Season 2: Cancelled due to Ariana Grande-Jennette McCurdy's Alleged Rivalry?
By Sonam Malik | April 4, 2014 8:42 PM EST
Despite sweeping major accolades at Kid's Choice Awards, "Sam and Cat" may go off air real soon. Buzz suggests that things have gone sour between the main lead, Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande and this has led makers to decide against the second season.
Not just the main lead, but other cast and crew of the series too are said to be going through issues, as they were not given any promise regarding the second season. It is quite unusual for a hit show to go on a hiatus without any word regarding the next season.
"We are wrapping up what was an unusually long production cycle of Sam & Cat, and everyone is understandably tired," E!online quoted Nickelodeon's spokesperson. "We are going into our production hiatus next week which will give everyone on the show a much needed rest."
Moreover, the leak of McCurdy racy pictures reportedly resulted in the actress' spat with the channel. The actress also skipped KCA's due her issues with the channel.
McCurdy has suggested via her tweet that her skipping the show had nothing to do with pics leaked, rather it had to do with how Nickelodeon treated her.
Furthermore, Grande and McCurdy have also been reporting late on the sets, thus sparking rumors of disinterest. Grande has moved towards full fledged singing career and is all set to launch her solo album. She will also be seen in a duet video with rapper Chris Brown.
With so much on her hands it seems Grande is losing touch with the "Sam And Cat" team.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4