'Rowdy' Review Roundup: Watch it for Mohan Babu
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 4, 2014 8:23 PM EST
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's "Rowdy" has received mixed reviews from critics.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, "Rowdy" is set in the background of faction ridden region of Rayalaseema in Andhra Pradesh.
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's 'Rowdy' Poster
"Rowdy" has Mohan Babu, Vishnu Manchu, Shanvi Srivastava, Jayasudha, Kishore and Tanikella Bharani in pivotal roles.
The film's story: Anna (Mohan Babu) is powerful and respected leader in Rayalaseema. He defies law and is the one who has the authority to take decisions in the region. He fights for the well being of his people.
Anna has two sons Bhushan (Kishore) and Krishna (Vishnu Manchu). While Bhushan is arrogant, Krishna is obedient to his father.
The film revolves around Nandavaram project, which a team of businessmen (Tanikella, Vishwanath, Jeeva) along with a politician are planning to begin in that area. However, Anna is opposed to the idea of the Nandavaram project coming up at his place as it might affect the local people.
The antagonists who are interested in the project plan to kill Anna. What happens next? Will Anna be able to survive? All these form the crux of the story.
"Rowdy" has received decent feedback from critics mainly for film's slick narration and the performances of the cast members.
"Mohan Babu as Anna carried off the film on his shoulders. His persona, mannerisms catch your eye. One could watch Mohan Babu's finest performance in Rowdy and it recalls you the performance of World's greatest actor Marlon Brando (Vito Corleone) of The "God Father." It is not exaggerated to say his acting is on par with national-award winning performance. Ram Gopal Varma brilliantly extracted acting prowess of Mohan Babu," says Gulte.
"Vishnu's performance in "Rowdy" is a befitting answer to his critics. No doubt, Vishnu excelled as an actor and gone to next-level with 'Rowdy'," according to the website.
On the flip side, it seems that the film's cinematography is a put off in certain portions. Critics say that the film might not appeal to B and C centres as it does not have any entertainment quotient.
"The film's appeal may be limited in B and C centers as elements like comedy and mass masala do not have a place in the movie," according to 123telugu.
"Rowdy' is an unofficial remake of Amitabh Bachchan's 'Sarkar' as the makers claimed its an original script. Someone who have watched the original mayn't like the film so much but 'Rowdy' deserves a watch for Mohan Babu's brilliance. This is surely the best outing from RGV after 'Rakta Charithra - 1′," says AP Today website.
Verdict: Watch "Rowdy" for Mohan Babu.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate