Michael Schumacher Shows ‘Encouraging Signs’ of Recovering from Coma: Manager
By Shruthi SU | April 4, 2014 8:13 PM EST
Michael Schumacher could be on the road to recovery as his manager Sabine Kehm has now stated there has been "encouraging" signs towards the legendary Formula 1 racer coming out of induced coma.
Schumacher has been in a medically induced coma since 29 December after he suffered severe head injuries in a skiing accident at the French resort of Meribel.
"I can only say again there are signs which are encouraging," the Mirror quoted Kehm as saying. She also rubbished reports that said the seven-time world champion's wife Corinna would build an $18million medical suite in their mansion. "The rumours that Corinna remodels her house to bring the supposedly 'hopeless case Michael' home, are absolutely groundless."
Following the 45-year-old's accident, Mercedes launched their season car with #KeepFightingMichael hashtag engraved on it.
Meanwhile, Red Bull driver and four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel had said that he has been hoping for a miracle as soon as he heard about the situation. "I have known him for a long time. I have been looking up to him all my life," the German said. "I pray and hope the miracle will happen, he will come back and be the person he was before."
Former Formula 1 chief doctor Dr Gary Hartstein had commented on Schumi's condition last week, saying the chances of a complete recovery are faint. "As time goes on it becomes less and less likely that Michael will emerge to any significant extent," Hartstein said. "The longer one remains in a vegetative state, the less the likelihood of emerging, and the higher the chances of severe ramifications if the patient does in fact emerge."
While his fans have been praying for a miracle recovery, a German magazine reportedly carried a picture of Michael and his wife smiling on the cover, with the caption 'Awake'. But the story was about several patients who had recovered from coma, leaving the fans in outrage.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports