Michael Schumacher Shows ‘Encouraging Signs’ of Recovering from Coma: Manager
By Shruthi SU | April 4, 2014 8:13 PM EST
Michael Schumacher could be on the road to recovery as his manager Sabine Kehm has now stated there has been "encouraging" signs towards the legendary Formula 1 racer coming out of induced coma.
Schumacher has been in a medically induced coma since 29 December after he suffered severe head injuries in a skiing accident at the French resort of Meribel.
"I can only say again there are signs which are encouraging," the Mirror quoted Kehm as saying. She also rubbished reports that said the seven-time world champion's wife Corinna would build an $18million medical suite in their mansion. "The rumours that Corinna remodels her house to bring the supposedly 'hopeless case Michael' home, are absolutely groundless."
Following the 45-year-old's accident, Mercedes launched their season car with #KeepFightingMichael hashtag engraved on it.
Meanwhile, Red Bull driver and four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel had said that he has been hoping for a miracle as soon as he heard about the situation. "I have known him for a long time. I have been looking up to him all my life," the German said. "I pray and hope the miracle will happen, he will come back and be the person he was before."
Former Formula 1 chief doctor Dr Gary Hartstein had commented on Schumi's condition last week, saying the chances of a complete recovery are faint. "As time goes on it becomes less and less likely that Michael will emerge to any significant extent," Hartstein said. "The longer one remains in a vegetative state, the less the likelihood of emerging, and the higher the chances of severe ramifications if the patient does in fact emerge."
While his fans have been praying for a miracle recovery, a German magazine reportedly carried a picture of Michael and his wife smiling on the cover, with the caption 'Awake'. But the story was about several patients who had recovered from coma, leaving the fans in outrage.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch