Michael Schumacher Shows ‘Encouraging Signs’ of Recovering from Coma: Manager
By Shruthi SU | April 4, 2014 8:13 PM EST
Michael Schumacher could be on the road to recovery as his manager Sabine Kehm has now stated there has been "encouraging" signs towards the legendary Formula 1 racer coming out of induced coma.
Schumacher has been in a medically induced coma since 29 December after he suffered severe head injuries in a skiing accident at the French resort of Meribel.
"I can only say again there are signs which are encouraging," the Mirror quoted Kehm as saying. She also rubbished reports that said the seven-time world champion's wife Corinna would build an $18million medical suite in their mansion. "The rumours that Corinna remodels her house to bring the supposedly 'hopeless case Michael' home, are absolutely groundless."
Following the 45-year-old's accident, Mercedes launched their season car with #KeepFightingMichael hashtag engraved on it.
Meanwhile, Red Bull driver and four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel had said that he has been hoping for a miracle as soon as he heard about the situation. "I have known him for a long time. I have been looking up to him all my life," the German said. "I pray and hope the miracle will happen, he will come back and be the person he was before."
Former Formula 1 chief doctor Dr Gary Hartstein had commented on Schumi's condition last week, saying the chances of a complete recovery are faint. "As time goes on it becomes less and less likely that Michael will emerge to any significant extent," Hartstein said. "The longer one remains in a vegetative state, the less the likelihood of emerging, and the higher the chances of severe ramifications if the patient does in fact emerge."
While his fans have been praying for a miracle recovery, a German magazine reportedly carried a picture of Michael and his wife smiling on the cover, with the caption 'Awake'. But the story was about several patients who had recovered from coma, leaving the fans in outrage.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles