Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Defender’s Rep Clarifies Napoli Link
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 4, 2014 8:10 PM EST
The representative of Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel clarified that the 29-year-old will not be heading to Napoli after this season.
“There is no chance of Skrtel going to Napoli.” - Karol Csonto, Martin Skrtel's agent
The Slovakia international has been heavily linked with a reunion with his former manager at Anfield, Rafa Benitez, but his agent, Karol Csonto, dismissed such speculation.
"There is no chance of Skrtel going to Napoli," he told Calciomercato.
While the centre-back has enjoyed fruitful years under the guidance of the Spanish mentor in the past, it will only remain as such at this point without the possibility of building on it in the months to come.
"His relationship with Rafa Benitez? There is nothing to add about," he added.
"What I can say is that Martin Skrtel will not go to Napoli. Skrtel will remain at Liverpool."
The former Zenit man lost his place in the starting unit towards the end of last year's campaign, from which Benitez saw as an opportunity to tempt the £12million-rated veteran to make a move.
However, he has regained Brendan Rodgers' faith this term, making an exit highly improbable.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health