Sarah Palin, Jimmy Fallon Mock Russian President Vladimir Putin: Should he Invade Alaska? [VIDEO]
By Keerthi Mohan | April 4, 2014 8:04 PM EST
In a hilarious skit on Wednesday night, talk show host Jimmy Fallon and former GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin took a shot at Russian President Vladimir Putin, his invasion of Ukraine and the NSA’s spying program.
“If you’ve been following the news, you know that a few days ago, Russian President Vladimir Putin called President Obama to discuss the situation in Ukraine,” Fallon said.
“And not many people know this, but right after he talked to Obama, Putin made another phone call, this time to someone who actually predicated his invasion of Ukraine, back in 2008.”
Palin, who has been the subject of many spoofs, appears on the screen soon after the introduction and in the course of her conversation with Putin, the duo plays Pharrell Williams’ latest song “Happy.”
When they touch upon the topic of bear hunting, Putin says he prefers hand-to-hand combat.
“You shoot bear? I prefer hand-to-hand combat. Well, I come from strong genes. President Obama, he come from mom genes.”
During the course of their conversation, both Palin and Putin hear breathing at the other end of the line, and this forces them to conclude that the NSA is eavesdropping on their conversation.
Towards the end of their chat, Putin wonders if he should invade Alaska, to which Palin responds: “I wouldn't if I were you, Vlad. You may be able to take down a bear, but you're no match for a Mama Grizzly.”
Although Mama Grizzly is a term Palin coined to refer to herself, she later applied it to female candidates she supported in the 2010 U.S. midterm elections.
Ahead of the show’s telecast on Wednesday, Palin hinted about her encounter with Putin tweeting, “Got to deliver some straight talk to our neighbor, the tyrant across the Bering Strait.”
Palin’s appearance on the show has garnered a lot of appreciation from fans who has commended her ability to laugh at herself.
“Sarah can do what Libs can't.......laugh at herself. That's why they hate her so much. Great Skit...” a supporter wrote on her official Facebook page.
“Hilarious!!! Sarah, as a Ukrainian, just wanted to thank you for making fun of Vlad Putin!!! It wouldn't happen on your watch, for sure!” another message by Svitlana Pavlenko, a supporter, read.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28