Honda Activa 125 Launch towards End of April; Bookings, Price Details
By greeshma m | April 4, 2014 7:27 PM EST
Honda's next offering in the Activa line up, Activa 125, will reach the market by the end of April, claims a new report.
Activa 125, a much-desired scooter in the Indian market, has been rumoured to make domestic entry for quite a while now. Though previous reports had suggested that the scooter would debut in India in the first week of April, the latest report by IndianAutos Bolg, citing sources, claims that the Activa 125 will make its entry into the market only towards the end of April.
The dealers of the company across the country have commenced the bookings for the soon-to-be-launched Activa 125 with an advance payment of 5,000. The vehicle will be launched in two variants - discs and drum - and both would be slightly costlier than the current Activa model. While the drum brake Activa 125 would carry a price tag of 6,000, the Activa 125 disc brake variant would reach the market at 63,000.
Under the hood, Activa 125 will pack a 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine, which can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and a peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm. The engine is mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and the scooter will come with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear.
Activa 125 measures 1,814 mm in length, 704 mm in width, 1,151 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 1,260 mm. First unveiled at the Delhi Auto Expo, Activa 125 will take on Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish, and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo in India .
The Activa 125, the first Honda scooter in the 125cc segment, will come with Honda Efficiency Technology (HET). The HET innovation of Honda, which is seen in the Activa 110 and Activa-i, will help the upcoming Activa 125 to deliver a fuel efficiency of 60-65 kmpl.
Activa 125 will hit the market in four colours - midnight blue, black, pearl white and sword silver - and will pack features like optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter and metal body.
Technical Specifications of Honda Activa 125
Engine Type 4Stroke, Air Cooled, SI Engine
Max Power 6.38 Kw (8.6 Bhp)@6500 rpm
Max Torque 10.12 Nm@5500 rpm
Wheel Base 1260mm
Seat Height 765mm
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?